1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Aloyss

Aloyss Lucky Number 13

it does
    Starbound
    starbound.log.1
    starbound.log.2
    Starbound.log.3
    Starbound.log.4
    Starbound_Server

Only

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I asked for your video card ^^ or graphics card or video adapter or graphics adapter or whatever you'd call it. As for your cpu...it doesn't meet the minimum requirements needed for starbound.

~ Iris ~

3. kogu

kogu Void-Bound Voyager

error.png I'm getting this error, no matter how I open the game it just crashes like this.
    I purchased Strabound yesterday, played for a little time, then when I tried to open the game again, it wouldn't.

4. ariqfstwn

ariqfstwn Space Hobo

Tried every solution on internet, still can't play. Seems like you devs doesn't care about it.
    :nope:

5. Iris Blanche

Care about what issue? If you don't say what issue there is nothing the devs can do.

~ Iris ~

6. ariqfstwn

ariqfstwn Space Hobo

The game crashed before it even starts without error message, it just went "running" then "syncing" then nothing. And I've tried every solution on internet, nothing worked. Well if nothing works the real solution is maybe requesting for a refund.

And no I don't want to edit folder or update some more crap please go patch it somehow it worked just fine before the successful 1.0 release. I'll wait another month I guess

7. ariqfstwn

ariqfstwn Space Hobo

O yeah the 32 bit works but it lags like hell, like literally slideshow. I'm not having lag problem with the 64 bit

8. Iris Blanche

What are your specs? Please attach the starbound.log located in your storage folder from the session you tried to launch the 64bit executable.

~ Iris ~

9. ariqfstwn

ariqfstwn Space Hobo

amd a8 7410 apu
    amd radeon r5 graphics
    4gb ram
    64-bit

I mean it's not much but at least it should be enough right.
    Anyway something weird happened yesterday when I was playing starbound (yes the 32-bit which is the only one I can only launch) with 8-10 slideshow fps. After I finished the tutorial it crashed. It's not only the game that crashed but my pc crashed, like there's a glitchy screen and I had no choice but to force restart it.

And after that the fps somehow got better from 8-10 fps to constant 15. Well at least it's something and I hope there's no damage. Just a reminder: I don't have any lag or crashing problem before 1.0

10. Iris Blanche

The log is always created inside the storage folder. Every session you start starbound it will create a new log.

~ Iris ~

11. kacpac

kacpac Aquatic Astronaut

Does anyone know if version 1.1.0 has a directx version of the game? :)

12. Iris Blanche

Still OpenGL. The nightlies don't have a DirectX version so i don't think that there will be one in the next time.

~ Iris ~

13. h8a_asdf

h8a_asdf Space Hobo

Dear Chucklefish-Team,
    I bought Starbound on a whim today. It looked really nice and interesting. Have you specified anywhere, that the game doesn't run on a linux 32-bit system?

What can I do now, besides trying to get the money back?

Thanks

14. Iris Blanche

15. Green_Thunder

Green_Thunder Void-Bound Voyager

(Renderer Exception) openGL 2.0 not available PLEASE HELP ME
    os:windows 10 32(bit) Mobil Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) PLEASE IM BEGGING

16. ArtificialJelly

ArtificialJelly Space Hobo

I'm having the 'starbound quit unexpectedly' mac issue it seems you were having when 1.0 came out, I've read the post and updated my software as well as disabled steam overlay and had no luck, I've seen no posts other detailing anymore relating to this
    I know this recent patch has cause annoying issues for many people but I can't even get it open, it's very frustrating. It was hard to even find where I could get some game support, any known fixes?
    (I have no mods and everything has worked fine until 1.1.1)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  17. Iris Blanche

Does your starbound create a starbound.log in the storage folder? If yes please attach it. Maybe it holds the information to fix your issue.

~ Iris ~

18. ArtificialJelly

ArtificialJelly Space Hobo

Um sorry I don't know much about how to go about sending you that, when the 'Starbound quit unexpectedly' window pops up I can view the 'problem details and system configuration'
    I don't really know where to go from there (if the information there is even the stuff you're looking for)

19. Iris Blanche

Sry my bad i should have explained the path better ^-^ the storage folder is located in the folder where you installed starbound.
    The folder is usually located in this path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS/starbound/storage/
    To attach the log file use the "Upload a file" button next to "Post Reply". It will support the .log extension.

~ Iris ~