1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Can't launch Starbound at all, tried multiple fixes, they don't work

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by blisstery, Jun 27, 2018.

1. blisstery

blisstery Space Hobo

Bought the game 4 days ago or so, had some trouble with instability and screen tearing majorly but was still mostly playable.

Today I can't launch it from steam at all. Instantly crashes to a black screen with a white square in the middle and im back to the homescreen.

Tried deleting player files and universe files. didn't help.

Tried reinstalling the game multiple times. didn't help.

Tried to disable dpi settings. didn't need to, they weren't selected. didn't help.

oddly enough my other friend is having the same issues and she's been playing the game for 100 hours or so and i've just started.

heres my pc specs if that helps, everything is at its latest version. help plz.

intel 6600k
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb
    480 gb sandisk ssd
    windows 10 home...trial version

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

do you have a log in the same folder as the player in universe folders? based on your description of the error, you should at least have 1, but there may be up to 6 (1 starbound.log, and 5 files starbound.log.1 - .5). can we please have these files?

3. blisstery

blisstery Space Hobo

ive deleted both but i've found 5 starbound.log files

do i copy them here?

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i never said to delete anything. there should be a 6th file named "starbound" that we need

5. blisstery

blisstery Space Hobo

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2018
  6. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid double posting. Use the edit function instead if you want to make additions to your previous post.
    I merged your posts.

7. blisstery

blisstery Space Hobo

oh sorry i didn't mean to vv;

8. blisstery

blisstery Space Hobo

if theres anyone still wanting to help, do these attached files help me out?

Attached Files:

9. FilmBoy84

FilmBoy84 Big Damn Hero

Sadly im having the same issue and have been unable to play since february; despite having no other problems with the game since 2013...
    I only use one Mod (Frackin Music) and with or without the mod enabled i get a CTD on launch since February 2018.

I am on a system using an AMD Processor and ATi Graphics... Im beginning to suspect these are behind the problem as the game seems to crash on loading the OpenGL components causing an insta CTD...
    Sadly i cannot revert the AMD drivers without causing various system issues.

As requested @NexusTheBrony a Log File is attached (without Frackin Music Mod and after a full wipe and reinstall of the game so all is clean)

@blisstery are you on an AMD/ATi system too?

Attached Files: