1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Can't launch SDV Via steam

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dank Kermit, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Dank Kermit

Dank Kermit Space Hobo

Hi so I can't launch stardew valley via steam at all and I've played it for about an hour too... My sound system is working and I've checked all files and reinstalled many of times I get an error parsing message when I try to launch directly from the file... XNA 4.0 is installed but I don't know about anything else...
    Things I've tried:
    Plugging in headphones
    Reinstalling XNA + .Netframework
    Deleting every trace of SDV and reinstalling it (via steam)
    Verifying files using steam.
    None of these work and I swear it was playing fine the last time I played. It creates these NullPlayer files and I don't know what they mean...I don't have a startup_preferences folder/file and a CommonRedist one too. If anyone can help that would be a lot to me. If not then its okay I just want to farm again.
    upload_2019-10-13_16-33-0.png
    also this when i run the exe as administrator

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The machine.config file mentioned in the error is essentially a text file that contains settings for .NET Framework on your computer. That error says the file is broken, so you just need to replace the broken file with the default one:
      1. Press Windows + R to show a 'run' dialogue.
      2. Enter the folder path shown in the error to open the folder:
        C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config
      3. Delete the machine.config file.
      4. Make a copy of the machine.config.default file, and rename the copy to machine.config.