1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Cant launch Game. Exeception Crash. Need help.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hogweed, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I went to launch SV after some time away a few days ago. I posted on Steam, and they said I needed to get the latest SMAPI.
    I downloaded SMAPI 2.4 and ran the update. It seemed to install fine. Then i replaced all my mods with the updated mods off the SMAPI compatible list.

When I started SV, I got the same exception crash error:

SMAPI failed to initialise: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: "Void StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager..ctor<System.IServiceProvider, System.String, SystemGlobalization.CultureInfo, System.String>". at StardewModdingAPI .Framework.SContentManager..ctor<IServiceProvider serviceProvider, String rootDirectory, CultureInfo currentCulture, String languageCodeOverride, IMonitor monitor, Reflector reflection> at StardewModdingAPI .Framework.SGame..ctor<IMonitor monitor, Reflector reflecion> inC:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src]\SMAP\Framework\SGame.cs.line173 at StardewModdingAPI.Program,RunInteractively<> in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 1678

Would really appreciate any Help with this! :nurusad:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you make sure you have the latest SMAPI 2.6? (SMAPI 2.4 is pretty old.)

• Hogweed

Ahh, ok - I thought 2.4 was, I googled latest SMAPI version and that came up.....

I'll try it and let you know what happens. Do I have to reboot my PC?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Nope, you generally don't need to reboot when installing or removing SMAPI.

• Hogweed

Hey Pathoschild,

I got the right SMAPI version and updated all the mods.... and.... its working like new! So glad my saves still work!! YAY!! :happylittletrees::nuruawe:

Much Thanks!:nuruhappy: