1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Can't join my own server but a friend can

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TelKah, Dec 4, 2013.

1. TelKah

TelKah Master Chief

I don't know what to do :( Any idea ?

2. TelKah

TelKah Master Chief

"Client connect failed! Error connecting to 'localhost' port '21025" Here si the message

3. luckypeter93

luckypeter93 Space Hobo

Connect to your own internal ip for example 192.168.(something).(something) then you will be able to login

4. StaticTorch

StaticTorch Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried both of those methods, as well as typing in my full ip. The latter seems to take the longest so I assume it should be working but for some reason isn't. =/

5. TelKah

TelKah Master Chief

doesn't work :(

6. Edge311

Edge311 Big Damn Hero

I've got the same problem unfortunately. Even after port forwarding.

7. Decoy

Decoy Tentacle Wrangler

cmd > ipconfig

YOU must connect to the IPv4 Address, or your local IP address

8. Strance

Strance Void-Bound Voyager

connect with 127.0.0.1

Axe Garian and Solstafir like this.
  9. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

connecting to 127.0.0.1 worked for me

Axe Garian, IceGold and Solstafir like this.
  10. TelKah

TelKah Master Chief

It's ok now, thanks all

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This address works for me as well. I believe it's the default server address.
    Thanks.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Harlander

Harlander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The 127.0.0.0/8 address block is reserved for use by loopback interfaces. Any traffic sent to those addresses doesn't even go onto the network, it just comes right back as if it'd been received from something else.

This has been another episode of Information You Probably Don't Really Need.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, this might help me with a problem. The context is hard to explain, but I have two Starbound games open, each of them is logged on to an LAN server I started, both using the 127.0.0.1 address.
    For some reason, I get lag between the characters. For instance, when I have both screens up, and I move one of the characters, he doesn't lagg, but on the other screen he does.
    Are characters, on the same LAN server, on the same computer, using the same address, supposed to lag?

14. Harlander

Harlander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That could be more of a process scheduling thing than network lag. If I remember rightly, the selected window in Windows gets a higher priority than things running in the other windows, so it'll run somewhat faster.

Couldn't say for sure, though.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. narcarsiss

narcarsiss Aquatic Astronaut

TL;DR

Make sure you modem supports NAT LOOPBACK, In english (this allows you to connect to the Internet then back to your Router effectivly creating a U-TURN in your internet Connection)

This is what is Preventing you from Joining.

Other words Buy a router that Supports it.

Without reading the other posts Try 127.0.0.1 or localhost This may allow you to connect to your Server via your LAN/PC instead of accessing the Internet First.

Remember Like and Thumbs up if it Helps. and Share to other having the same Issue.

moonboobs likes this.