1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't get the Golden Scythe

Discussion in 'Support' started by Benevelentelephants, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Benevelentelephants

Benevelentelephants Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing version 1.4.3 with SMAPI 3.1.0 on Steam with about 80 mods.
    When I try to get the golden scythe in the quarry mine it says that "You got a !", with no item above my head, then the scythe doesn't get added to my inventory. It's like the item doesn't exist.
    I've tried verifying my files, but that didn't fix it.
    I'm loathe to take out my mods one by one, but if I have to I will.
    Smapi gives me this error:
    [game] An error occured in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon.loadDescription() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Tools\MeleeWeapon.cs:line 128
    at StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon.getDescription() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Tools\MeleeWeapon.cs:line 368
    at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\InventoryMenu.cs:line 469
    at performHoverAction_Patch0(Object x, Int32 y, Int32 )
    at StardewValley.Menus.GameMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\GameMenu.cs:line 249
    at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4097
    at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3535
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2900
    at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )

I can't really make hide nor hair of it, does anybody else have this problem? Or could you tell me what the error means?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like a mod problem (the Update_Patch1 signifies a harmony patch in action). Start by trying to disable mods which are listed under the "Patched game code" section of the log.

• Benevelentelephants

Alright I went and took out all the mods under the "Patched game code", but the scythe is still broken :(
        These are the mods I removed if it helps:

[SMAPI] - Artifact System Fixed
        [SMAPI] - Better Artisan Good Icons
        [SMAPI] - Better Hay
        [SMAPI] - Better Mixed Seeds
        [SMAPI] - StardewHack
        [SMAPI] - SpaceCore
        [SMAPI] - Get Glam
        [SMAPI] - Json Assets
        [SMAPI] - Lavapulse Chickens
        [SMAPI] - MTN
        [SMAPI] - Prismatic Tools
        [SMAPI] - PyTK

I was just taking the files out of my mod folder and putting them someplace else, is that enough to remove them from the game? Or do I have to do some shenanigans to actually get the code out of there?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Moving them out of the folder (or renaming them with a . in front is sufficient) If those didn't fix it, the next step would be a binary search. Disable half your mods -- if the problem goes away, it was one of those and if not it's one of the ones still active; then disable (or reenable) half again until you isolate it.

Benevelentelephants likes this.
          • Benevelentelephants

I found it!! Thank you soooo much. I really would've been out here taking all 80 mods out one at a time if you hadn't told me about the binary method.
            The problem child was "Nightmare's Retextured Weapons: The Magical Girl Edition" by BeneathThePlass
            Thanks a bunch MouseyPounds!