1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Can't Get Married? Please help.

Discussion in 'Support' started by BenzeneOverload, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BenzeneOverload

BenzeneOverload Orbital Explorer

There was another thread on this topic, but some dude just dismissed it as me and this other person being stupid.

I fixed the bridge at the beach, upgraded my house, have more than 5000 money, and have Sebastian at 10 hearts. On rainy days, the Old Mariner will not show up (on the right side of the beach, I know), even though I talked to him before I was able to buy the pendant. (I took a picture, but my phone won't let me upload it, so I'll try to post it to help show you guys that I'm serious. )

• BenzeneOverload

• Merixx

Merixx Lucky Number 13

hmm, it's possible a flag didnt get changed in your save file then. while i do not know the save files well enough to help you, i do know there are some save editors out there that would probably let you deduct 5k from your wallet and add the necklace into another slot of your inventory, not a perfect solution, but a resolution with a workaround.

BenzeneOverload likes this.
      • BenzeneOverload

Thank you for trying to help. I've honestly been messing around with the save files, but I still have no idea what I'm doing and I haven't seen any guides. Lol.

• SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

what year are you on?

• BenzeneOverload

2 during the Spring.

• SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

Could be a bug. Pretty sure he is suppose to be there.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Does it say Sebastian is your boyfriend on the Social screen?

You can use a Save Editor to give yourself the Mermaid Pendant, but I am not sure if that will work.

• BenzeneOverload

Yes. And I'm not sure how to use the Save Editor.... ^^

• NikkSword

First, you would download http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/stardew-valley-save-editor.3461 to your PC
                    Then unzip everything and open it! That is it, you can then go to File> Load and choose your character, and the rest is pretty easy to figure out. There is a tab for your items (looks like a backpack) where you can add any items, including the Mermaid pendant, to your inventory. Once you do that, you have to go to the menu again and click 'Save' to save changes, and you will now have the pendant!

• BenzeneOverload

OMG! Thank you so much!

• NikkSword

No problem! Hopefully you can get married now! I am not sure if something went wrong which is why the Old Mariner didn't show up...