Modding Help Can't fix Merchant's lag.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by leyhan, Jul 17, 2017.

1. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

I'm making this mod when I have spare time.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/lyetzis-gunshop-mod.547/

I added only 5 weapons to 1 merchant, still there is Stuttering..but I don't know how to fix it.
    still there are unuploaded 600 weapons, but I can't add additional merchants. Too many merchants are already in.

Is there anybody know about how to reduce merchant's lag?

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you spawning all the merchants in the same place? Dont spawn all the merchants in the same place.

3. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

I mean not a npc merchant. objective merchant like infinity express.

4. IHart

How many can you place before you start to notice the lag.

5. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

only I have lag when I interact with merchant.

6. IHart

I was able to place and interact with one of your mods merchants with zero lag. Your issue is local.

7. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

Exactly that's not my issue. Some people feedback to me like that.
    Well, if you say so.Anyway thank you.

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

With my (not so great) connection, it will take a while to download. Assuming the stupid website wants to even start the download - and it doesn't seem to want to DO anything when I click the "download anyways" button. Google drive's issues aren't your fault though.

I have no idea what scripts you might be running or what they might contribute to lag. However it can't help to do things like run your mod folder through PNGGauntlet. I try to encourage everyone to do so. It can't hurt. After installing and opening it, just drag your mod's folder onto it. Then hit "optimize". After that you'd only need new/edited PNG assets.

If I could get the download page to work though, maybe I'd have additional answers for you.

9. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you! I'll do it right away.

10. zerggodmaster

zerggodmaster Space Spelunker

I have seen a large lack of merchants anywhere normal spawn or let alone any modded merchants yet when i seen others play they have merchants