Modding Help Can't find Timber resource.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SpiroExDeus, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

So I have just started on Modding. I wanted to start with some simple craftable materials for foreground and background.

I decided it would be easiest to use the files for timber as a basis especially as I'd need the filenames because I want my craftables to be crafted out of timber and a few other things (Such as paper).

I unpacked the assets using Windows powershell and made sure I left them to fully unpack as mentioned in the modding guide on the wiki (Went downstairs and watched something on telly). Coming back I found they'd unpacked and had taken just under 10 minutes. So far so good.

Problem is. I've looked in assets under the materials folder. No timber. Searched the whole asset folder for "timber". No timber. Nothing of that name. No pngs that look like it.

As I know that I've unpacked the whole package does anyone have any ideas on where the timber can have gone? Should I just try unpacking the .pak file again?

2. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

@SpiroExDeus What you may be missing is that Timber is actually called darkwood.
    The wiki can be very helpful in discovering this, for example:
    On the Timber page at the bottom it tells you the itemName for the item, in this case darkwoodmaterial.

In the assets it's found under
    \items\materials\darkwood.matitem

Also, clicking on the itemName in the wiki will tell you more about the item, where to find it in assets and the proper filenames.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    projectmayhem likes this.