Bug/Issue Can't even open the game because of an error message.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Little Lion Man, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man Intergalactic Tourist

Hello!

I just bought this game 2 days ago, and every single time i try to open it, i get the following message:

"The exception unknown software exception 0xe0434352 occurred in the application at location 0x75609617"

... And i can never play it. Could somebody help me? Please?
    This are my PC specs:

Processor Intel Celeron Dual Core, 2GB RAM
    HD 500 GB
    On-board graphic card Intel Graphics
    Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bits)

Things i've already tried with no success:

> Add Stardew Valley executable to the Firewall Exceptions
    > Add Steam folder to the AVG Antivirus Exceptions
    > Run AVG Antirootkit Scan
    > Run AVG Standard Scan
    > Run MalwareBytes Scan
    > Verify Integrity of the game cache

And none of those ever helped me. :( I'll be real glad if someone can assist me with this.

• ssokolow

ssokolow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm. No traceback? That suggests that the .NET runtime is crashing hard.

The first two things I'd look into are:
      1. Make sure your Intel onboard graphics drivers are up to date. (I don't know if they'd be responsible for a flat-out crash, but I've seen various people who've had other problems which turned out to be caused by outdated Intel onboard graphics drivers.)
      2. Try reinstalling the .NET Runtime 4.0 and the XNA Framework 4.0 Refresh (Note that "Refresh". It's significant.)

• Little Lion Man

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, i did everything you said and it did not fix the error. :( Although, the last sequence of numbers changed a bit.

• CharmingOwl

CharmingOwl Space Spelunker

Have you tried to completely turn off AVG (temporary)?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
          • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Phantasmal Quasar

In addition to that, I would turn off AVG, redownload stardew valley, install it and run it once, then turn back on AVG.

Sometimes AVG or another virus protection program, might interfere with the download and/or initial unpacking of files. I have had that happen to me in the past.

• Little Lion Man

When i installed the game, i didn't even had AVG installed. :rofl: But i don't think it has anything to do with that, since apparently Garry's Mod is also not working. Same error. I could play it before just fine...

Thank you guys for the answers, but i made a research on the error, and it pretty much only happens to people that use Win7. Coincidence? Maybe, but i'll try and install Win8 on my PC. :) Might be the only solution