Can't cut down trees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cavier, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Cavier

Cavier Master Chief

Hi all,

I have no success in cutting some of the trees on my farm down. Thanks to this I can't build the farm as I made it in the farm planner. Is this happening to everybody or is it just me? It's about the trees you see in my self-made screenshots. They are on the far left side of the standard farm.
    Schermafbeelding 2018-06-22 om 23.48.09.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-06-22 om 23.48.15.png

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Is your axe upgraded? I'm not familiar with the basic map. I do all of my playing on the forest, river and wilderness maps. But in any case, bushes can't be removed with the basic axe. Need copper at least.

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

I...Didn't even know those spawned on the normal map...Or anywhere on the tillable land. But yeah, one of the axe upgrades should work.

• Cavier

Cavier Master Chief

I have an iridium axe... Is it a bug then?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Just out of curiosity I loaded up a new game on the standard map and those bushes weren't there. As @everfreefire said, having bushes on bare dirt isn't something either of us have seen in the game.

Have you possibly got some custom map installed. I really don't think it's a bug in the game, because it doesn't look like anything that ships with the game.

• Cavier

Cavier Master Chief

I did change the farm layout through my save file. Changed variable from <whichFarm> from "2" (forest farm) to "0" (standard farm). Did I fuck up my save file by doing that?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, without more, probably difficult, file editing it's most likely hosed. I think those are the bushes that normally surround the two hardwood stump areas on the forest farm. They can't be chopped. If you keep that file you'll likely run into other issues later. Also I wanted to add, either way it's not a bug. it's set in the map whether things can be chopped or not. The program's just doing what the map tells it to do.

• Cavier

Cavier Master Chief

Good thing I backed up my save file then. Will start a new game with standard farm map instead, then. Thanks!

BentFX likes this.