1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Can't Connect to Server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tacohobbit, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacohobbit

Tacohobbit Void-Bound Voyager

So I've just started trying to make a server, and it has given me a big issue: people cannot connect to it using my external IP address. Here is a list summarizing the issue:

• I have made sure the server is running before doing any tests
    • I can connect to the server with the local IP address (127.0.0.1:21025), and it is successful (meaning that the server itself is functioning)
    • Neither I nor my friend can connect to the server using the external IP address.
    • I have port forwarded for 21025-21027, no changes
    • I have edited information in the starbound configuration file. It allows anonymous connections, it does not use server accounts, and I added the line "title.connectionString" : "x.x.x.x", the IP being my external IP
    • I have turned off firewalls, DMZ, and combinations between the two, no changes
    • I even called Verizon, they changed my external IP address, no changes
    • I have reset my router multiple times, including factory reset, no changes
    I have put in about 7 hours of research and troubleshooting over the past 18 hours with no luck. Most video tutorials don't point out an issue or are outdated. I would appreciate any help with this problem, and I will respond to questions and comments ASAP. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

P.S. If you need any images of files, configurations, port forwards, etc. then let me know. I will censor any personal information, though.

2. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

I think that "Starbound Multiplayer through Steam" will be a thing in the 1.0. update

3. Tacohobbit

Tacohobbit Void-Bound Voyager

Just checked that, looks like it's true. That's great to hear, but I'd like to solve this problem for the time until 1.0 us released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.