1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't complete the Great Sovereign Temple

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Carguy, May 7, 2019.

1. Carguy

Carguy Void-Bound Voyager

Tonauac keeps repeating what he says at the beginning of the level: "oh!... A visitor!" at the gate past the three relic stands instead of opening the door. I was following him to the door, and in another instance i was standing far away. It happens every time consistently. I have no mods installed. [Windows 10 Ver. 1803] (64 bit)]

2. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

The only thing I can think of is whether you are talking to him? You need to hover your mouse over him and press 'E' to interact with him a few times. He goes through a dialogue before opening the door.

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

there's also /warp nowhere:x.y/warp nowhere=x.y if he still won't open the door (replace x.y with the coords right behind the door). The temple will still play properly without him opening the door

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When having issues with the game (missions not working right, etc) always attach your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. The file might appear as only "starbound".

5. Carguy

I have tried to interact with him, but he keeps repeating "Oh!... a visitor" etc. He does say "Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour!" and then ends that dialogue with "let me get the door" and then walks over to it, instead of walking over next to it and Then saying that dialogue. @NexusTheBrony How do i find out the coordinates for behind the door? I have screenshots that i can post. I am using the Unstable version fyi.

Attached Files:

6. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

@Carguy
    /admin
    /debug should do it if you stand near the door.
    player_pos will give the x and y coordinates of your current position. Add a few to the x value (the first number) to move to the right a bit.
    (/debug again to turn off the debug info)
    Correct warp command is /warp Nowhere=x.y

By the way, I noticed from your log that you are playing the 1.4 beta version. It looks like there are some issues in your game to do with the bounty quests and perhaps that is interfering with the Avian Mission. Some wires were not set up correctly and that may be the reason why the door doesn't open. Since this is an unstable version as you yourself pointed out, you shouldn't rely on it for your main game play as there may be bugs :)
    I think this should probably be logged as a bug for the developers to look into and I am sure @Iris Blanche may be able to help with this.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Carguy likes this.
  7. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

yea srry i gave the wrong command, its actually been a while since i had to use it thanks to WEdit

8. Carguy

Thanks guys! I got past the door and completed the quest normally using the warp command. @sirguylittle I knew the unstable version was... unstable, but I wanted to complete the game to make getting the update things easier