1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

can't close the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DDarkness, Jan 6, 2016.

1. DDarkness

DDarkness Space Hobo

When i tried to open Risk of Rain, it suddenly crashed with a black screen. When i tried to reopen it, it said that the game was already open. I opened Task Manager and tried to shut the process down, but it said that i didn't have the permission to do so. I restarted the pc countless times and even tried to kill the process with the /taskkill command, but nothing is working, the process simply restarts every time i use the pc.
    The real problem is that Steam thinks i am playing that game, so when i try to open a game two things happen:
    1) It says i can't open a game because Risk of Rain is open;
    2) or i have problem go on multiplayer on other games.
    Can someone help me?

• Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't say I've ever heard of Risk of Rain somehow auto-starting on a full restart/shutdown, but if that's what's happening, Safe Mode might be the be best way to stop it. Booting the computer in Safe Mode should start it up with only necessary drivers/programs running, after which (I would hope) restarting the computer normally should kill the process.

DDarkness likes this.
      • DDarkness

DDarkness Space Hobo

Thank you very much, now the process finally closed :D

Aeronaut likes this.