1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Can't attempt online multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mepholar, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Mepholar

Mepholar Aquatic Astronaut

Playing steam version. Running a windows user account. Ports are open, however its not even allowing searching. Using a cisco soho router.
    Opening Online Multiplayer option generates the error report below:

ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Draw Event
    for object oHostClient:

Error in function real().

As far as how it affects things in game (on the Online Co-op screen)
    Host - IP: --.---.---.-- (Hidden)
    Default. While IP shows hidden I can enter data into the other fields (Host - Port, Host - Player Name, Join - IP, Join - Port, Join - Player Name)

If I click Host - IP displays what appears to be a cropped html tag:
    html><head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text

While this displays, I'm unable to enter any information for any of the fields.

Haven't tried playing without the router connected. Just noticed today if IP remains hidden I can enter data into the fields. Has this been encountered before, and if so what is happening? Also is there a fix?

• Mepholar

Mepholar Aquatic Astronaut

So, bump as I still can't play online multiplayer.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

you can click the hidden ip to show it
        also dont bump. this forum aint crowded

• HawtBawd

HawtBawd Space Hobo

I have also encountered this issue, clicking on the I.P. address did nothing but show lines of HTML code, an error also appears in the top left of the screen with a log entry and a date exactly as what the first poster had.

• J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

A week after not receiving any response whatsoever is an acceptable bump time