1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Cannot Display the Video Mode

Discussion in 'Support' started by korikey, Feb 26, 2016.

1. korikey

korikey Space Hobo

I tried to put the game into fullscreen mode but now I am getting this error and cannot change it without closing out of the game and losing my progress. I can do that, but I just can't play it in fullscreen. I know that the resolution for my monitor should be 1280x1024 but the setting in the game won't allow me to change that. If I play it in windowed mode, the box behind dialogue doesn't show up and if I play in windowed borderless, I can't access the farthest rught quarter of the screen. Please help me, I really want to play this game! (and thank you in advance :))

• TheFabulousFish

TheFabulousFish Big Damn Hero

I'm having a issue like this also, the screen resolution doesn't allow me to see the full game. It makes the HUD of the game really close, and it cuts out parts of the screen.

• korikey

korikey Space Hobo

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, but sorry it's like that for you as well! Hope we can get this worked out soon...

• Emiya Shirou

Emiya Shirou Void-Bound Voyager

Take a look at the screenshot, text doesn't fit on the screen, also the last few words that grandpa is speaking about disappears very quickly, way to quickly, it should wait for a bit before it disappears and move into the next scene.

Game is running fullscreen on 1280x1024 resolution. It's not like it's not readable but it doesn't look good. Also the whole text on this I think should go by a few seconds slower between the next dialogue line and the ending line disappears nearly instantly as soon as it appears and the game move to the next scene in the Joja workplace.

PS: I'm a really slow reader so I would appreciate if the text have gone a bit slower, right now I have to restart the game to rewatch the intro one more time so I can understand it properly.

Attached Files:

• Star Lion

Star Lion Void-Bound Voyager

I've just bought Stardew Valley and am unable to play due to the same issue. My game screen resolution is off center, giving me access to only three quarters of the screen with the remainder off to the left. When I move my mouse to the right side of the screen, both my game and desktop cursors become visible and active. Changing between partial and full screen doesn't fix the issue.

• HonestIsaac

HonestIsaac Space Hobo

When I start my game it loads in full screen by default settings. The main problem however is my mouse can only go across (x axis) about 85% of the screen. The range is oriented from the very left of the screen and falls short of the right edge of the screen. I can't even reach the video settings for this game if I wanted to. My mouse can reach about where the right edge of the stardew sign is located on the x axis.

Anyone think they can be of assistance with this issue?