Cannot connect to steam servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by puffinx7, Aug 12, 2015.

1. puffinx7

puffinx7 Space Hobo

I just picked the game up and am having some issues! As soon as I get into the game I get an error message which forces me to close the game, stating I need to connect to the steam servers.
    I've gone into the game files to make sure they run as admin, I've validated the files on steam. I even tried to put the game in compatibility mode.
    Thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Dunto likes this.
    • whiteanon

whiteanon Void-Bound Voyager

that thread doesn't help at all, there are no links to the files appropriate to download and in my case both those files are contained in mt redistrib folder and i still have the issue
      "ERROR in
      action number 13
      of Trigger Event: <Deleted>
      for object obj_confirm_hotkey_menu:

Error defining an external function."

• Leth

Can you confirm that all these dlls are in your local Steam folder?

39dll.dll
        bartnet.dll
        OpenAL32.dll
        SGAudio.dll
        SGAudio-Debug.dll
        Steam.dll
        steam_api.dll
        wrap_oal.dll

• whiteanon

upload_2015-8-15_20-21-37.png
          yes i can confirm

• Leth

Do you have an Anti-Virus that may have quarantined one of the dlls without your knowledge?

• whiteanon

the only antivirus i use is windows defender and i turned it off for a few of my run attempts so id assume thats not the culprit, ive run in admin mode and verified cach a few time inbetween troubleshooting, at this point it just seems like it would have been nice to have alink button like robocraft has to connect an account to steam , it seems like too many programs want to interfere otherwis, maybe windows 10 is jusst a tough spot for indie games although ive seen a few people play on 10 without any problems, i dunno i want to play pretty badly but if its this much hassel i might just wait indefinately for the real full release