1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [CANCELED] [EmeraldBound] Emeralds are the new diamonds!

Discussion in 'In-Game Tools' started by hashtag, Feb 13, 2014.

?

[Poll] What should be added next?

1. [1] Emerald Drills, please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [2] Emeralds, please!

50.0%
  3. [3] Emerald Hats, please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [4] Nothing right now.

50.0%
  1. hashtag

hashtag Tentacle Wrangler

[1] -[INTRODUCTION]- [1]

Hello there, Starbounders. I am hashtag, a Starbound modder in training. I have made the EmeraldBound mod for you. This mod ads emerald-related items in the game! But, this is still a WIP, as emeralds aren't even in yet. Emeralds will be stronger than diamond, so you can dig through dirt even faster. Have fun!

[2] -[INSTALLING]- [2]

[2A] -[WINDOWS]- [2A]

This mod is very easy to install. First, type "Run" into "Start." Then, type in "%appdata%" and press enter. Now you should see "Windows C:" so you can enter it. Then go to "Program Files (x86)" and find "Steam." Enter that folder, and then find your way to "SteamApps." After that, go to "common." Enter the "Starbound" folder after that. Then, enter the "mods" folder. Extract the mod you download (emeraldpickaxe) into the "mods" folder. Start up Starbound and get diggin'!

[2B] -[LINUX]- [2B]

I don't own a Linux, so I have no idea on how to install this mod on Linux yet. If you find a way, message it to me! Sorry.

[2C] -[MAC]- [2C]

I don't own a Mac, so I have no idea on how to install this mod on Mac yet. If you find a way, message it to me! Sorry.

[3] -[ITEMS]- [3]

The mod consists of 1 item right now, and that's the Emerald Pickaxe. To craft it, go to an Anvil, and use 2,800 Pixels and 1 Diamond Pickaxe to craft it. The Emerald Pickaxe is stronger than the Diamond Pickaxe. Emeralds will soon be added, and the recipe will change, so don't throw it away!

[4] -[PICTURES]- [4]

[​IMG]

*Hashtag holding the new pickaxe. Click to enlarge.*

[​IMG]

*The crafting interface with the new pickaxe. Click to enlarge.*

[5] -[CREDITS]- [5]

-[Developer]- hashtag

[6] -[QUESTIONS]-

Q 1.) Can I use this in a modpack, hashtag?

A 1.) Yes, as long as you give permission. =*D
    Q 2.) Can I use the files in the mod as templates to make my own mod?
    A 2.) Yes, you may. But if you can find out how to get the assets folder out of Starbound, (it's a .pak file now) it's much easier.
    Q 3.) Can you teach me how to mod?
    A 3.) Sorry, I can't. That's a slim chance, and let me tell you, it's not really hard. Find a tutorial or a guide on how; you will see how easy it is. =*P

Attached Files: