1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you save the human in the Avian temple? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Polecat, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure if this truly needs a spoiler tag, but I'm erring on the side of caution.

So a quick explanation:

if you are at the 3rd artifact, it belongs to the Avians. Once you've done your scanning, it sends you to the "the Great Sovereign Temple". After the big laser trap thing near the beginning, and before the big fork in the path, I decided to explore further to the left and right. To the left I was rewarded with a small room with five switches to open up a ground level gate. The gate had a treasure chest, but on a whim I scanned the quartet of sarcophagi in there. Immediately to the left of the chest, the sarcophagus reads differently than any others I'd encountered, and the note at the end has your character going "Did I hear something?"

The sarcophagus becomes clickable after this, which if you do you get some muffled groaning from it, making you think whatever human is in there was MUMMIFIED AND BURIED ALIVE!!

So... is there a way to rescue the poor guy/girl? I've tried all I can think of, but it has the usual background protection these places often do, and I can't attack or use the Matter Manipulator on it. Is there a lever somewhere or something else I'm overlooking? I really don't want to leave the poor guy there...

tuliomir likes this.
  2. Istvan002

Istvan002 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think it's possible to get him out of there. :/

3. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Stinks tho...

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

what if it's a mummy in style of the curse of the pharao.

5. Winjin

Winjin Space Hobo

Considering that Glitch marks entity inside as Human, and surprisingly is absolutely OK with life readings in a sarcophagus, this is probably an Easter Egg towards The Mummy, indeed.
    Doesn't make it less horrible when you encounter it for the first time.

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Ya wouldn't want to have a Walking Dead with you, don'tcha? xD

7. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

8. Leiffality

Leiffality Big Damn Hero

So I just freed them by interacting with it a few times.
    I know this is old but I'm guessing fracking universe made this possible lol

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Ya can do that with FU?! :eek:

10. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

In FU, if you click on the sarcophagus several times, it spawns a random human crew member.

11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

That's a very good thing to know x)