Modding Help Can you make multi-biom dungeon?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Kep125, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Kep125

Kep125 Void-Bound Voyager

Well, that's it. I need to make a dungeon with several biomes (different layers to be specific). But I see no way it can be done. Is it actually possible?

2. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you explain further, or rephrase this? I am not quite sure what you mean.

3. Lemon drops

If you mean different section types, you could either use different connector colors or have a rule in the .dungeon that a dungeon piece cannot connect to certain pieces.

4. Kep125

Kep125 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, I stopped thinking about Starbound for a time, haha. I meant the actual bioms you have on planets. Like garden, tundra, barren world, desert, etc planets each has one specific main biom that defines the planet type, and also a number of inner bioms with different structures, plants, materials (blocks) and parallaxes. And also there's a different types of underground biomes that change the deeper you go, starting with high underground one, just below the surface, and ending with near-core one. And parallaxes is what I'm interested in. I want them to change with the depth level, like in normal planet world. But when you make a dungeon (how I see it for now), you can only choose one specific biome, without mini-biomes and underground ones. And as I want to make a big underground dungeon with many places in a large cave system, this doesn't look very attraktive to be in every corner of the cave, does it? I want to know if there's a way to avoid it or maybe you don't actually need to do something, and there's a simple solution to a problem. upload_2022-6-26_20-5-22.png

5. Lemon drops

I am still having difficulty understanding what you want. I think what you are asking is to make a full dungeon (not a microdungeon) generate underground, in whatever biome there may be. To do this, go to terrestrial_worlds.config.patch and add the following two things into whatever layer you are trying to add a dungeon to:

"dungeons" : [[1.0, "<your dungeon here>"], [1.0, "<if you want, you can also put more dungeons like this>"]] (this adds the dungeons)

"dungeonCountRange" : [0, 1] (this says the lowest number of dungeons that can spawn, and the highest. This one specifically means it can be between 0 and 1 inclusive.)

your layer before you do this should look something like:

"underground2" : {
    "primaryRegion" : [ "<main biome>" ],
    "secondaryRegions" : [ "<subbiome1>", "<subbiome2>", "<subbiome3>", "<subbiome4>" ]
    },

afterwards it should look like:

"<layer you are adding it to>" : {
    "primaryRegion" : [ "<main biome>" ],
    "secondaryRegions" : [ "<subbiome1>", "<subbiome2>", "<subbiome3>", "<subbiome4>" ],
    "dungeons" : [[1.0, "<your dungeon here>"], [1.0, "<if you want, you can also put more dungeons like this>"]],
    "dungeonCountRange" : [<lowest number>, <highest number>]
    },

If you are trying to add it to a vanilla planet type or a planet type from a different mod, it is a bit different. It should look like this:

{
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/planetTypes/<planet type you are adding it to>/layers/<layer you are adding it to>/dungeons",
    "value" : [ [1.0, "<your dungeon here>"], [1.0, "<if you want, you can also put more dungeons like this>"] ]
    },
    {
    "path" : "/planetTypes/<planet type you are adding it to>/layers/<layer you are adding it to>/dungeonCountRange",
    "value" : [0, 1]
    }

If the planet type already adds large dungeons in the same layer, then it will again be different:

{
    "path" : "/planetTypes/<planet type you are adding it to>/layers/<layer you are adding it to>/dungeons/-",
    "value" : [1.0, "<your dungeon here>"]
    },
    {
    "path" : "/planetTypes/<planet type you are adding it to>/layers/<layer you are adding it to>/dungeons/-",
    "value" : [1.0, "<if you want, you can also put more dungeons like this>"]
    }

If the planet type already includes a dungeon count range as well, and you wish to change it, you will have to replace it:

{
    "op" : "replace",
    "path" : "/planetTypes/<planet type you are adding it to>/layers/<layer you are adding it to>/dungeonCountRange",
    "value" : [<lowest number>, <highest number>]
    }

for your other question about parallax change, there is a mod already out there that allows parallax change. It is called "Allow Parallax Transition" and is on the steam workshop. It might also be uploaded here, but I have not looked.

Edit: additionally, apologies for the sloppiness I was trying to type this up quick.