Modding Help Can you change the small font colour?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by walpichan, Jun 30, 2017.

1. walpichan

walpichan Void-Bound Voyager

Yo! As the title implies, I'm making an interface mod and I really would like to be able to change the small, tiny and sprite font colours, but every time I try to edit those files into someting other than the original white, all that comes up in game is a font colour that is really dark. Does anyone know if this is because the smaller fonts, when left white, are 'dyed' in-game by certain colours by default?

In which case, if I made the fonts this sort of colour pink, it would made sense that if the game automatically 'dyed' the font grey on start-up, the font would come out almost black.

Any help would be appreciated. I also want to change the font colour used for the G total on the main bar. The current red doesn't go at all with the new colour scheme of my interface.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are correct, all of those are "dyed" at run time, and without a SMAPI mod are completely impossible to modify, and with a SMAPI mod there will be bits you cant change, simply because SMAPI cant reach into the color-coding for those parts.