1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Can we please talk about the old Starbound lore?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GameCraving, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

I would just like one question answered. What happened to the ancient? There was never any suggestion that they fell at the hands of the ruin or an even greater threat. There is no reason for them to disappear. They would have been close to earth and all the great systems because they witnessed it all. How do you think the arc got built? Anyone with any theories please tell me I am really curious.

2. kaffekane

kaffekane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

++ From the logs of Rotis Howliss, a scout from Estoc IV.

-- "The Cultivator"

The Cultivator, as Esther puts it in name, was likely a single individual from
    a precursory race of builders that shaped the cosmos and its life. We from Estoc,
    too, were one of the many races that this race of ancients made.

We have seen so many signs of their technology across our world and even on the
    inner planets of our young star. One figure could not possibly do all of this.
    One significantly advanced organization could, however. That is why the
    Estocian belief is to take up the deeds of the Cultivator and its kind. To shape
    other worlds and the life upon them.

The Grand Work is everything to the others of my kind. As long as I get to travel
    the stars to find places where it can be done, I am okay with this.
    My guess is that the Cultivator was like me; a scout seeking and starting possibilities.