Can we please have a patch (I'm on Console) to allow Linus to work or live on our farm?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rodelero, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rodelero

Rodelero Space Hobo

Hi, I'm here from the SDV Hangout and we have a thread that is resounding with the same sentiment - can we Please have a patch to allow a small side quest or anything to allow Linus to be hired as hired help and live on our farms? This sentiment is widespread on our group forum and it would bring a lot of joy to the satisfaction of the character Linus and the game. Thanks so much for listening if you get this!

Fuzzyman likes this.
    • Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Rodelero,

I strongly disagree here. Linus feels to me as one of the few people who is happy with his lifestyle. He befriends nature and likes to live in the eviroment there.
      The only sad point would be the distance he is experiencing with most of the village people. Your idea is taking him out of there just to have a worker on your farm.
      Shane on the other hand would be suitable after Joja market closes. He is at that point currently unemployed, he has know how with chickens. Good starting points for me.
      Such a Shame that doesn't work with the fact he is marriage candidate.

Greetings

Gewitsch

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with Gewitsch. Linus' character does not seem like he'd want to be an employee. However I do like the idea of a farm hand particularly with the animal care. The Junimo's don't do animals, only plants. I'd suggest that once you are married then either Sam or Shane, (because either they lost their job if you went the community center route...or got burned out on Joja if you didn't) could be hired as a farm hand. If you married one of them, then the other would be available for hire. If you married neither then either would be available to hire. They would feed the animals (assuming you don't already have automatic feeders) Water the dog or cat, Pet all the animals, collect any dropped items including truffles and milk / shear the others etc. I'd have you have to build them a Farm hand house where it would be an upgrade on a shed and attached to the outside would be a chest where they'd put all the collected items.

How much to pay them? I don't know...How about a thousand a week?

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

While it would be nice to have farm hands on our farm, there's a problem with having only two marriage candidates as hired help... regardless of whether or not you marry Shane or Sam, I feel that people would likely chose one of them over the other candidates simply for the fact that they'd help out with the farm, leaving the other marriage candidates to become obsolete.

If every marriage candidate had something like this or had some unique ability that was equally beneficial to have them on your farm, then I could see this being added to the game. The intent is to pick who you want to marry for the person they are, not for what they could bring to the farm.

Dougyhowzer likes this.
          • Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So far all the marriage partners that I've tried don't do anything regarding animals. They make comments about feeding the animals but by then I've always got automatic feeders. They don't milk or shear or collect dropped items. That's what I'd like help with.

I suppose an alternate could be a Junimo hut upgrade or a barn / coop upgrade with a loft for junimos that care for animals and animal products

• Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

As joja workers Shane or Sam seems the best choises for a farmhand.
              It dosn't have to be involving the marriage canditate stuff.
              If you marry Shane you can hire Sam for farmhand and Shane is just your husband.
              If you marry Sam you can hire Shane for framhand and Sam is just a husband.
              If you marry any other marrying candidat you have the choise to hire Shane or Sam but never both for farmhand.

And I agree that Linus should stay where he is tbf. It's the life of he choose to life.
              Who are we to judge him for it and try to change him?

Fuzzyman likes this.