1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we not jump to conclusions?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Litagano Motscoud, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Oh boy, another thread about the compression system. I'll make this short.

Just because we don't like the compression tax doesn't mean we want to rid the game of a death penalty. Hell, I'd be for raising the pixel loss upon death if we got rid of the tax.

This isn't a thread about wanting the tax or not. I'm just tired of people mocking others, because god forbid someone wants an aspect of a game be made *gasp* easier/more convenient.

That is all.

2. Zulgaines

Zulgaines Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But I just spent money on this...

[​IMG]

BlueIstari, steveman0 and Kriptini like this.
  3. Kriptini

Kriptini Zero Gravity Genie

I don't think mocking people is a good idea, but I think it's okay to speculate about things.

Also, this is relevant:

EDIT: ZULGAINES BEAT ME TO IT NOOOOOO

Zulgaines likes this.
  4. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

If you don't like the 40% loss, simply don't store your pixels. Instead, accept that ore is pixels and anything else is a bonus. When you need pixels, smelt some ore in the refinery and collect it. You can also smelt ore in the refinery and leave it in there for a later time. It's something like 10 pixels per copper bar, 20 pixels per iron bar, 30 for silver bars, 40 for gold bars, and it keeps going up. It's very easy to have insane amounts of these materials by the time you reach tier 3 and actually need a decent amount of pixels. I already had over 1000 copper/iron bars, and over 500 silver bars. That's 60,000 pixels.

Pixels are very very easy to come by.

5. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I guess, but I didn't make this thread to discuss this. I'm requesting that people don't assume that not liking the tax = not wanting the game to have any kind of death penalty at all.

6. Kriptini

Kriptini Zero Gravity Genie

There are some sound arguments for not having death penalties, or at least not a pixel loss on death. Check out this post made earlier today.

Litagano Motscoud likes this.
  7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You know something the other side [Free Taxers] don't want to point out.
    Pixel compressor if it is a carry able item.
    They can simply move all the pixels as they get them into the pixel compressor.

Even if the death loss is 99% loss. With their being essentially instant pixel compression for free mind you.
    They essentially again loose pocket change in pixels.

Another words spin story to make it believe death penalty exists. In reality it doesn't.

Even if it wasn't a carry able item the loss would be minimal as it would quickly kept compressed away.
    Again mitigating loss.

====

I think a fair compromise would be pixel compression can only occur once every 30 minutes of game time if free.
    Or pay 40% if you want it instant.