1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we have Regular updates?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LThadeu, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LThadeu

LThadeu Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait for this game, but it hurts so much that we don't get any info.
    Really, anything daily, or in a two day basis would feel just right.
    Anything.
    One Artwork, or sound, or animation, even two phrases of information would make me SO happy.
    Am I asking too much? Do you guys feel the same way?

2. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I'm really happy how they're doing it. Just tickling a tiny bit of info a week, and spoiling anything. I really want to be surprised and not know what to do when I the game, cuz that feel more fun. I think Chucklefish is doing a perfect job.

3. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

i think they release info in a good pace :)

4. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

While I really want to know more about the game, I understand that it's good to be kept in the dark as well. For one thing, it makes us more excited for the game, and the speculation is actually quite fun.

That being said, I still want to know if monk robes are confirmed.

5. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

i think a fixed week day to release info would be good, so they can keep the pace they have right now, but we know when we have new info on the game, so we don't need to check the site 24/7 like most of us are doing right now (including me)

LThadeu likes this.
  6. HazardJake

HazardJake Void-Bound Voyager

I'd rather them leave info on a weekly basis like kesvalk said and stay working on the game so it'll come out earlier.
    ~Jake

7. Oath

Oath Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah I definitely want more info on the game but the controlled leaks of information is what keeps our interest peaked and helps highlight certain aspects of the game that are unique and cool. The lighting demo might have been drowned out if it were released alongside a combat demo and a mount/companion demo (if those are even in the game) and it really helped us notice how awesome the lighting engine is in this game.

8. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

Those who frequent the IRC enough normally come across a good bit of info whenever Tiy or one of the devs/artists feels up to sharing info. While it isn't a regular or scheduled thing, it does happen often enough that we're learning a fair bit about things by asking questions and paying attention. A good deal of that gets brought back to the forums, just not in any sort of official announcement like you're probably looking for. We just got the lighting video a few days back and a fair bit of info surrounded that, and we're likely to get a proper gameplay video in the next few weeks with more info prior to and surrounding that as well. This is all merely observation on my part, but it seems that we're fairing pretty well in terms of learning at a gentle pace.

9. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I'd rather have updates when they have something important to say than on some daily schedule.

Oath likes this.
  10. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

Right now us Devs do the updates ourselves. Updates take a fair amount of work and can distract us from working on the actual game. Basically, if we updated that often the game would likely come out later and later :cry:. That and I'm not sure we want to spam you with so many updates that they lose quality and become less meaningful.

11. LThadeu

LThadeu Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for all the answers guys, i'm really crazy bout this and i think kesvalk idea was the best until now:

That would really help on keep me in place and they could release really small informations that would not spoil the game so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.