REQUEST Can these 2 spouse rooms mods be merged into 1?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Minakie, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Hey guys.

Is it possible to merge the Default version of Spouse Rooms (Some) Redesigned mod with the Shane doesn't trash your house mod?

If so, can someone please teach me how I can do this?
    (I'd just ask for someone to do it for me, but I want to also know how to do it myself in the future in case people come up with more rooms.)

Thanks.

Jokerine likes this.
    • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love to see this, too! Here's hoping someone can help! :)

Minakie likes this.
      • HyperCrusher

HyperCrusher Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Attached Files:

randomAnon123, Minakie and Jokerine like this.
      • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Legend!

• spiritslive99

spiritslive99 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but I want to echo the original poster in asking if someone could please explain how to do this? I also want to have both mods merged, but would like to keep Harvey's original room, and if I could do it myself instead of having to request someone else to do it for me that would be nice!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You're amazing, but I still don't understand how you did it. So far I changed files like horse, farmhouse_tiles, furniture, hats. When I extract the .xnb from those, I get a .yaml and .png. and all I need to do is change the .png and repack it with the original .yaml back into a .xnb file. However, when I try the same process on spouseRooms, I get a .yaml and a .tbin instead.

• HyperCrusher

I honestly seemed to have missed the entire request for an explanation, My apologies.

Tools
              There are several tools you need to merge XNB Mods (I might make a merging tool in the future because this process is a bit tedious)
              TIDE XTile Map Editor

XNB Node (I Made a User-Interface For it that will be referenced in this tutorial, it can be found Here)

Extract
              The first step in our adventure begins by downloading both mods, and finding the XNB files that we plan to merge. Now we need to Extract the XNB Files We do this by Selecting the folder of each mods. I will be extracting them to Mod Merge and putting them into folders "1" and "2"
              [​IMG]
              [​IMG]

After we do that we should have two folders, "1" and "2" that contain two different spouseRooms.XNB

[​IMG]

The Tedious Merging
              Before you can merge you need to get the correct tile-sheets and put them in each folder, if e attempt to open one of them now we will get an error like such
              [​IMG]
              if you open spouseRooms.yaml you can see all of the tilesheets you need to put inside the same folder

[​IMG]

(To get the tile-sheets you need to unpack the entire staredew folder somewhere, here's the townInterior.png for our purposes)

Now open both up and you will see something like this: (I used the mouse wheel to zoom it once)
              [​IMG]

On the left side you will see Layers, you need to go layer by layer and edit the tiles manually
              To do this choose a layer and hover over the tile you want to have on the room you are "copying" and at the bottom we will see "idx #"

[​IMG]

That number represents the tile # that is there, you then have to go into the map you are copying too and inside the tile picker box, find idx #
              You can see what tile # you are on inside the box by using the idx under that box.

[​IMG]

then you just click on the tile inside the box, and the location on the map you want to place it, keeping in mind that you are on the right layer

[​IMG]

when you are done save "tIDE Binary Map files (.tbin) inside "Mod Merge" and copy one of the spouseRooms.Yaml

[​IMG]

You can delete folders 1 and 2, leaving us with

[​IMG]

Now we just have to pack it, I will pack it into "Mod Merge"

[​IMG]

And now we have are spouseRooms.XNB

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• HyperCrusher

The reason for that is because the png is packed into its own XNB, the maps reference it but dont include it inside of their XNB
                Its that way so that if an update adds or edits a texturesheet like spring_outdoors.png only spring_outdoors.xnb needs to be updated not every outside area

SO all you have to do is supply the interior town png and you can edit it as you please