1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can structures spawn on another structure?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Palicence, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

So I was journeying through a planet when I came across a Novakid Village, which is normal, the part that wasn't normal was the Shadow person sitting in the chair. To be clear there was not an shadow structure any where near this village. So I am asking the question, can a structure spawn on another structure spawning the NPCs but not the building itself?

Shadow.jpg

2. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

. . . did you just assume their race?? Maybe they racially identify as a ball of superheated gas. And even if they don't, clearly the whole village has welcomed and accepted them as one of their own. What's so "not normal" about that?

Jokes aside, it looks like that novakid village spawned in a shadow mini-biome. It could be that the biome spawned first, generated a shadow "shrine" along with a shadow occupant, and then had a novakid village spawn on top of it, removing the structure but not the occupant. Probably not supposed to happen, but it does create some interesting potential for unwritten lore.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Short answer, yes, it is possible.