Modding Help Can someone look at my music patch

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by theogre, Sep 25, 2016.

1. theogre

theogre Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been trying to replace the music that plays in the core biome (and eventually other biomes), but it doesn't seem to play anything. Here's my patch. Its valid according to the JSON validator, and I don't get any errors in the starbound log.

Code:
    [
    {"op":"replace","path":"/musicTrack/-","value": {
        "day" : {
          "tracks" : [ "/music/shadowdepths.ogg" ]
        },
        "night" : {
          "tracks" : [ "/music/shadowdepths.ogg" ]    
    }
    }
    }
    ]
    If anyone has any ideas or other suggestions on how the patch should look I appreciate the help. Thanks.

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. theogre

Yeah I'm still having trouble. The music is just not playing. Ive tried replacing "shadowdepths" with a vanilla song to see if it was just my custom song that wasn't working, but even the vanilla song did not play. I've also tried different patch methods such as

Code:
    [
    { "op": "replace", "path": "/musicTrack/day/tracks/-", "value": "/music/shadowdepths.ogg" },
    { "op": "replace", "path": "/musicTrack/night/tracks/-", "value": "/music/shadowdepths.ogg" }
    ]
    and

Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/musicTrack/day/tracks/",
        "value": "/music/shadowdepths.ogg"
      },
      {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/musicTrack/night/tracks/",
        "value": "/music/shadowdepths.ogg"
      }
    ]
    Am I just doing something stupid wrong or what because ive never had this much trouble patching something.

4. theogre

I still need help with this particular patching, still not working. If someone else would try a similar patch that works and post it here that would be appreciated, or even give me some troubleshooting ideas that I haven't already tried.