1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone help me whith game crashing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SquareLemons, May 19, 2013.

1. SquareLemons

SquareLemons Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having no problems with the game other then it crashes after 5-20mins of play I'm using the latest beta and would greatly appreciate it if someone were to help me of if you have the same problem when it crashes it goes one solid color loops sound and make me have to completely restart my computer it doesn't happen to me in another games just this one.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

It'd help if you'd post some technical information. For example:
      What OS do you use?
      What are your computer's specifications?
      What is the exact thing you did when it crashed?
      Are you sure you can't CTRL+ALT+DELETE and force quit the process of the game?

• IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the chance you are using Windows 7, here's some things that might help you.

You could firstly try to Re-install the game if you haven't already. Or, you could try to run it as administrator. (Right Click, click Run as Administrator)

If this doesn't help, you could try to download CCleaner and have it fix all your registry's which could also be an issue.

Lastly, you should scan for viruses and close any other programs you have open and see if that helps.

• SquareLemons

my OS is windows 7 i"m not sure my exact specs but i can run every new game out there on max setting (Farcry 3 for example) and have 60Gb of free space and it crashes at random points and i cannot CTRL ALT DELETE out of it as it causes a complete crash and no processes run

• Shrooblord

View your specs:

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

I don't really think specs are the problem if he can run Far Cry 3 on max.

Most likely it's an issue with your game files or something.

• Bluerooste42

Bluerooste42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, the question is, can he run it all on max at 60 FPS? All max doesn't mean anything if it's all max at 1 FPS.

• SquareLemons

i can run it on a solid 60 fps and i hope that its not a problem withgame files as i have reinstalled it several times

• Myth

Myth Space Penguin Leader

Possibly graphics driver issues or a net framework issue. update both.

• SquareLemons

fixed the problem it was with the feature pixel perfect scaling

• Shrooblord

Huh. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Devs, I hope you're reading this. It might give you some insight into possible instabilities of the game.