1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can players make planets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lugubrious, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

2. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

to create a different planet, only using a new coordinate or changing the world generation algorithm

3. Cereas

Cereas Subatomic Cosmonaut

It will definitely not be like "dropping one block in space and build upon" because you're not really moving on an object in some particular space... If I recall correctly someone already asked if one will be able to dig through the planet and I'm pretty sure the answer was: no-ish!^^ I mean, think about it, if you were able to do what the OP asked you needed to be able to rotate the blocks before placing them.

4. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I think it be cool to say "accidentally" launch asteroids into each other to form a mass we can build on

5. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

The Enderman and YoungUnicorn like this.
  6. KwickPhyre

KwickPhyre Industrial Terraformer

I would love that, if you started with a blank core, you could change the settings, weather, natural structures, and the ecosystem.

7. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

Well with Terra-forming you can make it however you want. (Well, somewhat) This is good enough for me in my opinion.

8. Aresha

Aresha Tentacle Wrangler

I assume you would be able to destroy a planet to its core then add whatever you want to it after that? (Sorta counts as a new planet?)

9. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

that's the meaning of Terra-forming that soprano mentioned

10. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

This would make a really neat feature, especially for map makers!
    I most likely won't build my own planet if it was in game though, unless I did most you could do

11. Jorden619

Jorden619 Big Damn Hero

12. Aresha

Aresha Tentacle Wrangler

Well terraforming is more lightly modifying a planet to resemble earth or to create livable conditions, NOT BRUTALLY ANNIHILATING it to create what you want. :p

13. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

would help for those people with the wan for custom planets if teraforming did have an option for demolitions as they suggest thogh probably wont happen butcould help the map makers

14. Glitchyroach

Glitchyroach Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The main problem with this idea, is that last I heard you don't actually get to free-roam around space.

From the sound of it, You have your space station, which is kind of the main hub area, and you can travel to planets by typing in a set of coordinates (works similarly to the way seeds in minecraft work.)

15. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

exactly, they could teraform planets to there liking very quickly in derictor mode

16. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

You don't even need director mode.
    There's an item called the kinetic manipulator or something that lets you move large chunks of earth around your homeplanet.

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Who needs to make a planet when you can just terraform one?

18. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I do. I need to turn on an intense symphony or something, and wave a techo-stick like I'm a conductor.
    In accordance to my movements, engines strapped to various asteroids and small moons will activate, thrusting them towards a central point.
    At this central point they will smash together, and be smashed into by other oncoming bodies.
    Eventually I will have a suitable jumble of rocks, of which I shall drill to, and then melt the center of.
    In this fashion I shall slowly craft my own planet, or what have you!

19. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

I could lead an army of cat mechs to terraform my planet into a giant paradise with giant luxury mansions everywhere. it shall be a place for everyone to chill out at!

20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Or... Mine a planet, I mean mine EVERYTHING on the planet until all you have left is a core, then build from that. Same difference really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.