1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can players make planets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lugubrious, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugubrious

Lugubrious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

will it be possible to make your own planet? such as dropping 1 block off in space, and then adding on to it with a bunch of friends until it has gravity (which would depend on both size of planet and blocks used as some are denser than others.) and then make it livable and full of other life? creating a planet and filling it with little piggies may seem daunting, but it won't be with a couple of friends and a few hours! being god won't be easy, but i'm sure you could make a world in less than seven days.

2. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

probably not
    but it will be possible to claim a planet as your homeworld

3. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

It would be really cool if you could though.

4. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

It's possible to terraform it into the exact planet you want. That kinda accomplishes the same thing.

However, unfortunately, planet creation has not been either confirmed or confirmed as not being in game.

5. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Lugubrious likes this.
  6. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

nuke the planet until the core with some blocks around, and start building? or doesn't that work?...

StarMetal25 likes this.
  7. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

could work, if you have enought explosives and enought material to rebuild

8. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Can't we just rip a chunk of planet out and throw it in the air and then we rip more chunks out and add them onto the chunk that's already in space?
    Or crash a few asteroids together so that they form something bigger and we can keep smashing some more small asteroids into it so it gains more mass?

9. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

there might not be somehow to "call" an asteroid
    people suggested a "beam" that you can shoot from the space station, nothing confirmed yet

10. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

This would be fun as HELL, and a great thing to have later in the game. I doubt it would be something that the devs would be able to include by the time of release if they DID want to include it...

11. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

you guys remember the Inventory Editors for Terraria? and the Map Editors for Minecraft?

trust me on this- if Starbound doesn't let you craft your own planets, someone will make it happen.

Lugubrious likes this.
  12. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

That would be awesome if we could

13. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

terraforming is just for your home world i belive

14. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

I think youwould render the planet un-inhabitable as of the radiation

15. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

there might be a map editor after release, principally if the modding api is confirmed

16. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

has anyone herd of developer mode where in multi player a person can log in as a director and do just about anything like new quests so may be able to make a new planet.

17. StarMetal25

Or be able to re-generate the terrain of the planet he's on?

18. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

to re-generate the planet you just need to create a new save and use the same coordinate

19. StarMetal25

If you do that then the planet is the same. I mean RE-generate, I mean generate the terrain of the planet again so that it's completely different.

20. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.