1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Juice Box play forever now?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Juice Box, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

So Juice Box hates playing games that are not finished yet, Day Z, Rust, etc... they feel like a waste of time. Starbound is by no means done, it's perfectly fine, games take a long time to make, require lots of money to make, and lots of support to make.

Juice Box just wants to know if the game is in a finished enough state where he could pound in the massive amounts of hours without hitting a brick wall somewhere, stopping, then coming back 6 months later to find that my character would have been deleted, and my time feeling like it would have been wasted?

TL;DR: Is the game finished enough to play for a substantial amount and time and it won't feel wasted?

Model QT-377665 and Serenity like this.
  2. Kyon

Kyon Contact!

Yes, and No.

Yes, in the sense that with all the new content added: You could easily pour in an easy 80+ Hours, 120+, or even (in extreme cases) 200+ hours.
    • New Biomes
    • New Quests
    • New things to do in general
    • Moar goodies
    • Game feels like it's fresh all over again
    However, with the "No" department, we have:

• Still the same game, in concept
    • Some of the changes feel unwelcome
    • "Stable" is not quite as "Stable" I earnestly feel like it's an Unstable pushed to Stable just so people would stop complaining.
    • Bug fixes are needed badly

It's sort of a hit and miss, really. I've admittedly felt a little underwhelmed with the update, but it's mostly due to the mass amount of bugs/crashes and things i've ran into. It's still a blast nontheless.

Juice Box likes this.
  3. Faustian Echoes

Faustian Echoes Void-Bound Voyager

Why does Juice Box refer to himself as Juice Box? Reminds me of that annoying fatty from Boardwalk Empire.

4. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Preferably do it in multiplayer. No time is wasted with friends!

The | Suit likes this.
  5. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well to be blunt, I hope they don't change characters more. Umm... Not quite what I meant, I mean in the file structure. As in the file your character gets saved to. Anyway right now if started now I would have to say character and ship are going to be fine, as there are not any foreseeable changes needed to be made to them. At least not mentioned from the devs.

However the Universe still needs a lot of work and that would be the one thing that might still have a reset needed or adjustment or something.

Old characters will be getting a converter to enable them playable for this version eventually, at least it was mentioned...

Tough to say, as the game is not done yet.... But that above is roughly what of I know. That and the game plays a little differently than before in certain aspects.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

New features will come down the line later on. So if you want a more complete experience I suggest waiting till its finished. Otherwise you will end up just starting over again.
    Till then I suggest you take up modding - add in features you want your self. No harm in having more modders pumping out more content.
    It is also quite easy to pickup - anyone can do it.

Tamorr likes this.