1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Can I mod the game?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Avorgian, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Avorgian

Avorgian Void-Bound Voyager

Sprite swaps mainly, is it possible and if so how?

• RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, No. The devs have a way to compile the game that we can't figure out yet. So modding the game is a no-no.

However, wait a few months, and if I'm still remaking the game, you'll be able to swap sprites and add items no problem, as my rewrite is going to be in C# on the Unity engine.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

There are other people looking into modding the game as well, Rioku. Discussion about it is going on in the discussion section of this forum rather than fan works, though. This is actually regarding an exe decompilation with which the people who are working on it want to see if they can make it possible to mod the game without spreading the exe (due to potential legal problems).

• RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

Ah. Well, As-of this moment you can't.

• Coolfeather2

Coolfeather2 Void-Bound Voyager

This game is made using gamemaker 8, if i can get the sourcecode from the dev team You can mod in anything

• gamerzap

gamerzap Orbital Explorer

You can get the source with a decompiler, it's getting the game to recompile and work that's the problem.