Can I have a Reverse Proposal please?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KissOfEmber, Mar 27, 2016.

?

Who would you like to receive a reverse proposal from? (Names listed Alphabetically)

1. Abigail

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Alex

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Elliot

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Haley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Harvey

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Leah

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. Maru

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Penny

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Sam

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Sebastian

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. KissOfEmber

KissOfEmber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As sweet as it is for my character to propose to her love (even though the scene can be improved), I would love to see a Reverse proposal put into the game if at all possible. I know this game gets compared to Harvest Moon quite a bit but I loved that feature(reverse proposal) they added to the later games (HM:TOTT, HM:SOS). I think it would be sweet and amazing to have your S.O. more actively pursue you. I dunno, it's just a suggestion but it's one I would love to see implemented.

Hell you could even one up HM by having it where a female S.O. can propose! (In the HM games, only the males can propose to a female PC). So my one huge request would be for this.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I think it'd be adorable if someone like Penny was all super shy and stuff and was like: "I...uh...will you...be mine...?" and stuff like that.

It could be really freaking adorable, so...yes, please. I'd like to be able to proposed to by them.

Heck, I wouldn't mind if something was implemented where you maxed out their hearts at maxed 8 (before the bouquet), and haven't given someone else a bouquet yet...and they ASK YOU OUT themselves. =x

That said...just the proposal is fine. I wouldn't mind being proposed to by one of the women, at all. :3

randomlyThere24, ShadoFoxx and Tamorr like this.
      • tailsdahfox

tailsdahfox Orbital Explorer

This would be amazing.

If the PC is single and has 8 hearts (before the bouquet), it should be hinted in certain questions though. I would feel bad to turn down someone whom I have no interest in because they suddenly asked you out. It would be more of a buildup; one day they would drop hints, on which you can shove them in the friendzone before they actually grow too attached to you and give you a bouquet and have to refuse it :nuruneutral:.

So yeah. It would be very nice, but if the intention is to make the player happy, the fact that you could actually turn down the NPC beforehand is a must.

randomlyThere24 and ShadoFoxx like this.
        • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

With the way dating is presented atm-- how we can date all the singles (and many do, for the heck of it / for unlocking their scenes), I think adding this feature will create tons of drama...

Which may be interesting, but.

• KissOfEmber

KissOfEmber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

True, there are a lot of players who are 'playing the field' as it were but there are a lot of players similar to myself as well who picks one and sticks with one. So that's why it's in the suggestions. Though I know some people would thrive off the bit of drama that may come from this but at the same time, others like myself would thrive off of the fact that the one they're pursuing is actively pursuing them back. I think that's my only really complaint sometimes in these games is that it's so one sided like 'Oh I'm going to do all the work for you to fall in love with me.' instead of it being a bit more neutral. Like if you get to six hearts maybe this will trigger the 'more then a friend/crush' feelings where they may send something to you. Lets say there is a new feature added where you can select gifts you would like to receive or prefer to receive (IE: Flowers, minerals, Cash, Food, Wood) and your crush will send an item of your preferred gifts.

Caudyr I hope you don't mind but Imma use your Penny as an example.

Let's say you get to six hearts with Penny and have selected Minerals as your preferred gift. It could go down as she sends you a little letter with a random item attached.

'Hi _______,

Yesterday while I was tutoring Jas and Vincent, Vincent found this during our break and I. . . Um. . thought maybe you might just like it.

So I hope that you'll enjoy it.

Penny'

Mind you it can be so much better than that, I haven't dated Penny so I'm not quite sure on her personality other than she's Cinderella-esque but it would give a better indication. I dunno it's just my thoughts though lol.

ShadoFoxx likes this.
            • zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

I don't see how it would create more drama than proposing to them. Typically in the HM games how it is done is you activate the reverse proposal by having a certain level of hearts and then talking to that character with whatever the proposal item is in your inventory. So like, there's no risk of multiple proposals or anything.

ShadoFoxx likes this.
              • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, if that's the case, then I can see how it may works. <3