Modding Help Can I get some help with sprites?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NexusTheBrony, Mar 7, 2017.

1. NexusTheBrony

NexusTheBrony Spaceman Spiff

I'm wanting to create a race that has wings the same color as their hair, but i'm terrible at pixel art and the person i originally had helping me dropped out. could I get some help with the body? thank's in advance.
    femalebodyscaled.png

2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

As much as I like helping, you sadly hit my weak point... humanoid shapes... I felt I should be honest, not just come through, take a look, say "nah! I can't do that.", and leave you in the dark. Looks great so far, you can try replicating the wings in the running frames as you already have one sprite ready in that animation sequence, unless this is more or less an issue with not owning any graphical editing software?

Again sorry, I just never been good at drawing human items (or other organic lifeforms).

3. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

there is a back item that are wings, right? model off of those

4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

back.png

I found them for you!

However there is no side views...

5. NexusTheBrony

in my opinion those wings suck, plus they don't match up with my plans

6. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I have no opinion towards them. Even though you may not like them, you could still use their shape (with your wing design over them). Then again, still no side view. You can at least they give an impression on how the dev's would do it.

7. NexusTheBrony

i guess i'll try it out, but not rn bc i'm at school

8. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Same, but I tend to still read over lua and see what can be better. However I do not mess with sprites since I'm on a chromebook and there is no good image editors on chrome.

9. NexusTheBrony

Pixlr Editor is great

10. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Never could get it to work right, don't think my chromebook works with it. That's why I carry a flash drive with GIMP on it (Along with a clean copy of starbound so I have a portable DE where ever I go).

However to stay a little on topic, I can TRY to do this, with what I see here I think I can do something.
    But I want your permission to copy the sprite sheet first (so I can see what I can do).

11. NexusTheBrony

i'll send a copy to you directly