1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed can help my starbound unstable dont work

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kwe, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwe

kwe Void-Bound Voyager

my starbound unstable is dont work its talking of a error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-[l1-1-0.dlll can help? pls i like to play starbound

Bismuth likes this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Did you verify integrity of cache through steam?

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Sounds to me like you're missing a file. Try verifying the game Cache. If you dont know how to i'll post some screenshots how to when im home

4. Harrisem40

Harrisem40 Void-Bound Voyager

Actually i'm having the exact same problem. when i launch the game from the steam client (unstable nightly, unstable doesn't work either) the game says "running" for maybe 3 seconds and then instantly "syncs" and shuts down... without opening up in the first place. when i go into the win64 folder to launch the game using the starbound.exe i get "The program can't start because api-win-crt-runtime-[1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.". i have uninstalled and re-installed the game (manually deleting all files related to unstable/nightly) and i still get the message when i re-install the game. i have done this about 4 times, each time downloading both once the unstable and unstable nightly versions, both of which don't work. i then proceeded to downloading the "api-win-crt-runtime-[1-1-0.dll" to my computer and i got a different message this time instead! "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-[1-1-0.dll" whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! please help this is killing me!!!
    also (i'm not sure if this is meant to be) i have no files inside storage. not sure if it is set like this and they are created when you create a universe, player and ship file/s but just in case. also, no log so i cant post that unless there wasn't one to begin with in which case...
    if anyone knows how to help then please do.
    oh, also, i have verified the game integrity. everything is fine. all windows updates are up-to-date.
    specs are fine to run the game, playing on windows 7 64 bit.
    thanks guys

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Download and (re)install the 2015 Visual C++ Redistributable.

6. Harrisem40

i have done so, it just keeps coming up with error messages relating to missing .dll files. this is killing me :S im gonna just follow the missing files until i download them all.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

That is a completely asinine thing to do.

Never ever just randomly download dll files, you don't know what they contain, unless you are completely OK with the possibility of needing to reinstall your entire computer.

8. Harrisem40

that's fine i decided not to and to just wait and see if an update pushed later on fixes the problem... which i presume and hope is not at my end.
    btw i tried downloading the 2015 Visual C++ Redistributable and that did nothing for me. i also just play games. i don't know incredibly in-depth information on what to do/not to do when it comes to downloading things such as .dlls. that's why i'm a "space hobo". it's not so much being asinine as being uninformed and unaware.
    anyway, besides the point. i appreciate the help. i had a trawl through the discussions page on steam to find that there are more people experiencing the exact same problem as myself. so, i believe it is a problem with the game files themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.