Campaign Editor Hype

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Landmine752, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Landmine752

Landmine752 Void-Bound Voyager

So, I've seen WarGroove around and was pleased to see something Advance Wars-like come about, but it wasn't until I heard about a "campaign editor" that perked my ears. I missed the segment at E3, but from the sounds of it the editor is more capable of multi-mission campaigns. Which is amazing.

As someone who - in days past (probably nearing 10 years ago) - loved working on AW2 maps and tried their hand at a couple campaigns before moving into Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2, I'm very excited at the thought of constructing new TBS missions. I was going to go check out my old works, remember my ideas and designs, but sadly I learned that AdvanceWarsNet shutdown and it's all been lost.

Don't know how much was revealed about the editor, but I'm very interested in knowing how powerful of an editor it is. Is there a usable dialogue system? Editable unit stats (e.g. units start matches with less HP)? Custom unit support? Is there ability to add in a custom world map backdrop or sprites?

Nth likes this.
    • Nth

Nth Void-Bound Voyager

Very interested myself, if I can make my own characters and army styles all the better.

• blueYOSHI

blueYOSHI Void-Bound Voyager

Im hyped as well! I always loved creating Maps in any games and now I can basically create a whole game with easy to use editors! Thats just awesome!

• SamuriFerret

SamuriFerret Tallest Artist

Glad you're excited for the feature - we are too!

A dialogue/cutscene editor is something that will almost certainly be in the final game. We would like to have edited HP for units (as per your example) but it remains to be seen on whether we'd want you to be able to adjust the balance of a single unit.

This is something we'll likely be able to support, though it would be as modded content that you can use with the Campaign editor, instead of something included with the game itself. This would also not, as a consequence, be available on all platforms.

Players designing and writing their own characters, and then making grand story campaigns for these characters? I'm excited for all the possibilities!

NinjaMonkeh and Roskii Heiral like this.
          • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Really happy to hear about this. Sounds like another really great game in the chucklefish family xD

I love modding, a Callistan faction in this game would be so fun xD

• Landmine752

Landmine752 Void-Bound Voyager

All of that sounds great. Can't wait to hear more.