RELEASED Cal's Pet Replacements: Amaterasu, Carbuncle, Moogle [Last Updated: 5/12/16]

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by carnage157, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love Final Fantasy and Moogles. It's so cute!

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Moogle!! i hope someone change the sound of cat to the sound of moogles *kuppo* xD

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd do it myself if I knew how, but never done something like that before.

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Yeah me too, there's a guide for changing bgm and ambient but i don't know if the sound of the cat/dog is there also.

• carnage157

[​IMG]
            This is what I have so far for the side view walking.

The face, arms, and legs for the most part is pretty straightfoward and simple.
            The biggest challenge is the turning.
            Not only getting the right angle for each frame but also trying to keep it consistent with the front facing walking animation.
            The areas that have been a pain to animate is the ears, wings, and the chest fur. I think the ears turned out okay, but the wings and mainly the chest fur still need some work.

I'm also curious if people even care to see my progress or if they rather I just post when it's all finished (which takes several days to a week at most depending on how much trouble I'm having).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
            • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Im curious to see whats the update/progress on moogle xD

btw im using your Blue Carbuncle its cute xD tho i find it too big but yeah just my personal preference. :)

[​IMG]

• minkette

minkette Intergalactic Tourist

AHHHHHH! Carbuncle! MOOGLES!! <3<3<3

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

You can change the scale in your save file.
                  It's described in this thread, where to find the code:
                  http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cat-and-dog-at-the-same-time.110225/
                  Just change the scale from 1 to 0,5 and the pet should be half the size. ^^

Zelnite likes this.
                  • carnage157

Lol you might not like the moogle then since it's a similar size. I could of drawn them smaller but the sacrifice would be reduced detail and probably less fluid animation.

On another note I took a stab at replacing sound files. Surprisingly extracting and compiling them were super easy. The hardest part really is playing the entire sound list to find the one your trying to replace.

So basically the cat sound has been replaced with the moogle. I'll include it as an optional download when the whole thing is done.
                    The only thing that isn't replaced is the paw licking sound.
                    There were many sounds that were close to it, so I simply could not figure out which one it was.

• caramelon

caramelon Aquatic Astronaut

Good job ><

• carnage157

It kind of sucks that I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to sit down and work on this.
                        Anyways found some time today and yesterday and this is my progress so far. I probably won't have anymore time today to continue working though, but I'm predicting it to be done some time this week hopefully.

Walking animations for the most part are done.
                        [​IMG][​IMG]
                        [​IMG][​IMG]

Doing the sitting animations for animals that walk on four legs is simple, but making one for those that walk on two legs was actually quite difficult.
                        Not the spriting itself but trying to animate it.
                        Still don't know if I'm happy with how it turned out or not. Going to have to keep staring at it for awhile before I can decide.
                        [​IMG]

This replaces the paw licking animation, because I don't think Moogles do that.
                        It took quite a long time to come up with something to replace it with.
                        This is the best I could come up with at the moment.
                        [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2016
                          Crimsonwingedbird likes this.
                        • pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

omg that Moogle is epically cute! Is it weird that I almost want a moogle mailbox? *smirk*

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

WHAT! its good man hahaha!

• HunteroftheGlaid

HunteroftheGlaid Aquatic Astronaut

man i love your Carbuncles,, and your moogle, yours others as well are really cute =3

do you think you'll a carbuncle from from FF8?

also do you think you'll do a version of the amaturasu with flower/gras animation when she runs?

• carnage157

Probably not. I don't really have the motivation to work on more carbuncle stuff atm.

I'll get around to it eventually. Right now I'm struggling to find time to just work on the current project.

• HunteroftheGlaid

HunteroftheGlaid Aquatic Astronaut

hey hey, thats fine we all get times liek that, bit I'll me waiting your thread until its moved or deleted who knows, :rofl:, hey! you take care of yourself =3

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your Carbuncles are amazing! I really love how the colors transitions in their fur.

I am planning on using the cursor included with the blue Carbuncle to change the pet icon on the inventory screen. (Thank you ever so much for making inventory icons to match the pet!) I am already using the Epona horse cursor with Zhuria's Epona horse mod. Do you know of a guide I can use to combine the cat and horse icons together in the cursor file so that they both show up?

• carnage157

This is the guide I used to learn how to extract and pack xnb files.
                                      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to/edit

Anyways, I did it for you.

Attached Files:

endermaryn likes this.
                                      • fairyglitterbomb

fairyglitterbomb Void-Bound Voyager

I use Peaches from your Neko Atsume-Cats and it's soooo adorable! Thank you for this mod! <3

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for the link. And thank you even more for combining these for me! :love: