1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Callistan Race Mod DL Fix Attempt - Take two

A tribute to great outdated mods

1. uglywolf

uglywolf Void-Bound Voyager

Uhh, what happen in here? The cockpit has gone.
    But then I accidentally break something invisible with "MManipulator" and what came out are 7 "Perfect Gen Item"

Attached Files:

2. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Hmm, are you using any ship mods?

It may help if you post a log

Edit: I think I fixed it, for anyone who had this issue and lost your chair:
    1) /admin
    2) /spawnitem somacaptainschair 1
    3) /admin

To get it back

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    uglywolf likes this.
  3. Roskii Heiral

4. uglywolf

uglywolf Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, sorry. No, I didn't use any ship mod.
    It is actually happen after I upgrade the ship to it's final tier. The chair however, still there on previous tier ship , but become a "Perfect Gen Item"(nan) on the final tier ship.
    Should've been more specific on previous post, I am sorry.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  5. Tamamo89

Tamamo89 Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed a few things.
    1. All species can craft some Callistan stuff, imho all callistan stuff should be defined in the species file.
    2. I don't receive my ship licenses upon getting 2,4,6,8, and 10 crew members respectfully.
    3. Some objects at the workbench "light and bed" are in the wrong tabs.
    4. Your Callistan Ship Locker is overriding fus ship locker patch for some reason.

6. Roskii Heiral

1) your opinion on what should be crafted has been noted.

2) that is because callistan has custom crew numbers for ship upgrades

3) that is the result of the last massive patch I made and won't be sorted til the next large update, likely (I'm a one-man team). A very small issue.

4) sounds like an issue with FU, since my locker does nothing special that felins (for example) doesn't already do.

7. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how do I use the recycler?
    when I put stuff into it I get the component parts not blessed liquid
    I don't know what to push to get it to give me this stuff

8. Roskii Heiral

Blocks (like dirt) give blessed liquid.

9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

What is this blessed liquid....anyways?

10. Roskii Heiral

11. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Giving you a heads up, every time a Callistan's ship gets upgraded, the pet gets changed to a different colour. I know Orbis only has one colour, but if you change your ship pet to something else... rainbow city. I like it personally, I think its fun, but I am releasing a mod to replace the pet to the Fennix, and I am not sure if anyone will bring it up to you.

12. Roskii Heiral

That's interesting, I wonder what the cause is.

13. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

I have been looking for a mod like this, as I love animals and this is the closest to a design I really like in a humanoid animal race. I initially found the Everis first but I didn't like how the males looked and sound like females (turns out there are no actual males, just feminine herms in their place) so I found this instead. I did make my own personal tweaks to the sprites to make my own head-canon Callistan subspecies though. I always imagined other races having a subspecies, similar to how the races can have different designs like the fins and leaves on Hylotl and Floran for instance. I gave the subspecies larger ears and fluffier tails, and more fur on their torsos so there is less exposed skin. Callistans already live in cooler temperatures, but this subspecies evolved from ancestors that live in snowier latitudes to cope with the lower temperatures. They also have white eye scleras like humans, likely due to low light conditions as well. Usage of gloves and shoes eliminates the need for fur on the paws so they have no fur there nor on the face, like the regular Callistans. Despite the usage of clothes, they retain their thicker fur for added warmth, Areas of the belly, face, and paws have exposed skin to dissipate excess heat to prevent overheating, especially in warmer climates . Their larger ears allow them to pick up sounds better, to allow them to hear even slight noises during blizzards. To prevent the ears from losing too much body heat, the fur is thick even inside the ear, and the ears are folded down when conserving heat. If I knew how to mod, I would've also added resistance to freezing temperatures like on planets around frozen stars and take less damage from ice attacks, but code is too confusing for me so I only edited sprites. ^^; I have been enjoying your mod, and I love the lore behind it as well! And do not worry, I am not planning on distributing the altered mod because it is still yours and I don't wanna take any credit despite me making a subspecies for me to use personally. Still, I wonder what your thoughts are on this cold climate Callistan. I still tried to remain true to their wolf appearance, though with thicker fur and larger ears, traits of foxes like the fennec fox, are also apparent. Hawk.png Callistan subspecies.png

14. Roskii Heiral

you should join my discord, I hope you're using the steam version (the forum version is really old and not great in comparison).

if you want them to have white sclera, they should not be nocturnal, since that was the cause of the black sclera in the main callistans.

I like the artwork though, and i'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

15. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am using the Steam version. ^w^ And it would make sense for these to also be a daytime variant. I would've left them with dark eyes but I couldn't get it to look right in my artwork and I wanted them to be a little bit more unique as a subspecies besides the fur. They can see extremely well at night (their pupils appear to glow, as they reflect light back out), but they do prefer to be active more during the day or during twilight hours, personal preference and to avoid common nighttime storms when possible as storms make hunts more difficult, but they will hunt at night if they have to, as their fur is thick enough to keep them warm even at night. Over time, they evolved with a lighter eye color due to hunting and traveling mostly during the day. This however doesn't mean they favor their sun over their sacred moon, Callisto. They are mostly diurnal or crepuscular, but they do have some nocturnal activities, such as worshipping Callisto. In extreme north or south latitudes, where there is months in darkness during winter or months of daylight during summer, not sure yet what effect that would have on their eye color since they would be forced to be nocturnal until winter ends. If you have any ideas, I would like to hear! And where is your Discord link?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  16. Roskii Heiral

17. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

The Download link is broken!

18. Roskii Heiral

Yeah, its currently too large to host anywhere but steam. I'm still trying to find a work-around.

19. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Have you tried Nexus or Mediafire?

20. Roskii Heiral

Mediafire: i have tried

Nexus is a great idea. Can i link there from here?