1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Callistan Race Mod DL Fix Attempt - Take two

A tribute to great outdated mods

1. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

very interesting, I'll check and see how it translates in game =3

2. saodsaod

saodsaod Aquatic Astronaut

3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Falfeather updated Callistan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Time for NOMS!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  4. Roskii Heiral

About to make an update adding the enforcer glasses, some beer, and some kibble to the starter locker.

We're also gonna add some callistan treasure pools the the wreck. Let me know anything you'd like to be able to find in a Callistan Wreck!

5. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Falfeather updated Callistan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Treasure Patch!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  6. RedYoshikira

RedYoshikira Subatomic Cosmonaut

Two great things about Callistan:
    80s/90s Space Wolves
    Nice choice of audio for the Cassette Player. 10/10

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  7. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kinda wish I could change the eye color. Having silly thoughts about a crewmember based on my family's pet chihuahua, Brandy, and her eyes were brown.

Actually her tail was solid black too but I can't get everything flawless.

8. Roskii Heiral

Maybe I can make some contacts that would be dyable

9. XelSlime

That would actually be kinda neat, if possible. I don't think anyone's ever thought of such a simple solution before.

10. Roskii Heiral

It should be, I don't see why it wouldn't be =3

11. KTrinsic

KTrinsic Big Damn Hero

The music player is locking up Starbound whenever I turn it on, and then preventing me from logging in afterwards as the music player is still playing. The nightshine.ogg file has an embedded video track in addition to the audio track which is what is causing the problem. It may also be a difference in how the Starbound linux client handles .ogg files from how the Starbound windows client handles them. I stripped out the video track and it began to function properly. Can you include this fix into the mod? I can send you the modified .ogg file if you don't want to strip out the video track yourself.

12. Roskii Heiral

sure, send me your fix and I'll test it out. I've never run into this problem.

13. Roskii Heiral

14. Roskii Heiral

15. XelSlime

"The males are fixed!"

That makes me giggle.

16. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey ya. I have some suggestions (maybe they are a little too complicated)
    What about a custom intro mission, much like the avikans from the elithian races mod? Another thing you could add are some callistan vechicles (from the callistan base that I saw today it could be wasteland-themed or something like that) A custom callistan outpost with custom quests would be cool. Perhaps you could add more callistan themed itens...

17. Roskii Heiral

I actually really enjoy the vanilla intro and have incorporated the mod ship into the intro mission.

While I do enjoy mods like Felins, I've never felt the need to completely deviate from the vanilla experience that much. I also don't have tons of time to rewrite large chunks of the game. Mostly my goal with this mod was to create a fun vanilla-like race with some extra eye-candy.

On the vehicle suggestion, I'd actually recommend the van mod that lets you repair the broken vans from the wastelands. Its super fun!

I do plan on making some new things for the mod, but I have some other projects on my mind at the moment. I've been getting into stardew valley a lot and am about to make Callistans available there xD

Since I work 40-50hrs a week, modding has to take a backseat but I really do enjoy it so I don't see myself stopping any time soon. I just usually focus on the games that I'm playing.

Games I make mods for:
    -Kerbal space program
    -Skyrim
    -Sims 3
    -Starbound
    -Stardew Valley

ChatNoir likes this.
  18. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, I see. Well sorry for taking your time with that hehe, I'm personally tired of the vanilla missions and all :p
    But thanks anyway, do whatever you like.

19. Roskii Heiral

If you'd like to submit a new mission or vehicle to the mod development, I'd be happy to credit you on the front page!

No need to apologize, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

ChatNoir likes this.
  20. Roskii Heiral