Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I think it looks great! The veil is my favourite touch. Thanks for the drawing!

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

No problem! Yeah... I wanted to add a hat or something, but it had to be something that'd fit between those horns of hers. : P

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpg
    Nega Sucrose in all her shiny, deceptive glory. She looks like a generic saloon girl or something, right? Well, unfortunately, the exterior conceals a twisted, sadistic heart. Still flighty, but intelligent and dangerous - if she can stop long enough to think out a plan. It's a good thing, in my opinion, that this is not the real Sucrose - only a concept of her inverse.

I also wanna thank a certain friend for encouraging me to try shading in other colors.

4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Your new artstyle is truly awesome. :D

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thanks!

Speaking of which, I'll post the drawing I did of Nickel here.
    [​IMG]
    Nickel, for those of you that don't know, is a character from Warget's awesome story (which I proofread). Warget and I each have a link in our signatures, but just in case you can't see that, here's the link. http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/one-long-journey-of-the-green-lance.98779/

6. TwinKoi

TwinKoi Space Spelunker

Man, do I know how this feels.

Alkanthe likes this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150912_145535.jpg
    I'm practicing a new style... the careful, detailed, yet still somewhat harsh style of Thorntip. I'm not sure the signature matches the drawing's style enough... I'll have to work on it more. But this style will definitely be more realistic than my usual styles...

8. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

But at least there is a buni... (I errored on purpose!)

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeah... it's the Avian ship pet, after all. I could've drawn a pig, but bunnies are cuter!

Cup o' Tea and Warget like this.
  10. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

But snuggets are cute too! =(

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Agreed! But unfortunately, Thorntip hasn't seen one... I need to remedy that sometime.

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  12. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Okay =(...

13. TwinKoi

TwinKoi Space Spelunker

Crasberry might be objectively the best ship pet tyvm x'D

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Or it might be cats. But then again, being a human, I might be kinda biased toward that one. Honestly? All of the ship pets are adorable. Even and especially the little ferret guy.

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150913_141116.jpg
    Another attempt at realism. I had no idea I could do this... Time to apply these techniques to Starbound art! Anybody have any humans I can practice on?

Cup o' Tea, Warget and rhomboid like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well... This makes 91.
    image.jpg
    Her name is Violet... She's of indeterminate age, but definitely a child. Most likely a preteen, though she's a bit immature. She's very curious, especially about technology, but also very forgetful (nearly to the point of forgetting her own name!) Due to that, along with her tendency to wander off, she should be kept under supervision by her momma or poppa, but unfortunately, neither of them are very responsible. Her momma is constantly reading books or painting, trying to escape the real world, while her poppa... ... is awfully hard to reason with - let's put it that way - when he's under the influence, which is regrettably often.

17. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Even though I like your characters... You should really stop your factory.
    It looks like you are trying to compensate something with them, but instead you only shatter yourself in more and more pieces - this is NOT right thing to do. >_>

18. Captain Karo

Captain Karo Cosmic Narwhal

To each their own. She has no reason to stop.

19. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Wellllllllllllll... Im a bit good at psychology, and I know, that creating a new character is like taking a small bit away from yourself. If you take away too much, you lose yourself in the ocean of the characters.
    I will discuss this with her privately, because some of this stuff are not to be posted here.

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I am neither attempting to compensate for anything (aside from my natural weaknesses, which we all like to compensate for!) nor am I shattering myself in pieces by pursuing this. In fact, today I made a chart to help me keep track of my characters better. It's not like I'm trying to develop all my characters at once, after all...
    I understand you mean well, but this was honestly a bit rude. I'm not angry, though.
    I know who I am. Granted, I often like to take on a persona of one of my characters, but that's just for fun.