Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Probably the best art advice ever given since Bob Ross ^

Jareix Cryvix and 611 like this.
  2. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Nobody ask you if you can teach...D: except me...:3
    I have asked you as lone person to you where the other people look your artwork and go away.
    I stay still at you X3 and I think you make still great art. It isn't so much artist which I like it but your art style is great and very simple. :love: :kawaii:

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, I can't really teach. That's why. And I'm certain the other people who come appreciate my art, as well. I don't ask them to go on about it, necessarily; I mostly draw for myself. If others want to look and then go away, fine. If they want to comment, well then I'm very pleased. But you don't have to and neither do they.
    I'm glad you like my art! It's a style I'm very comfortable with, as you can probably see. I probably need to experiment more, but I do it for fun anyways.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sketch10013420.png
    It's been quite a while since I've sketched Lilith Evanine. About time she gets a new outfit, too!

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Apologies for not posting anything for a while. I've been busy with other projects... TPG, TPS, To the Valley, and real life stuff. So here's an art dump.
    Sketch133214821.png
    Ankaa and Corvus for @Absurdisan 's fancomic.

Sketch21417050.png Sketch214174939.png Sketch214223635.png
    A few characters from TPSX.

Sketch22503019.png
    Cuda.

The rest are from various sources; I can't be bothered to put a label on every one, but the blue Glitch, the Avian, and the short Novakid aren't mine. The rest are.

Sketch273202626.png Sketch2840318.png Sketch28413131.png Sketch295175712.png Sketch1105451.png Sketch2205614.png Sketch662042.png

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  5. Luthien

Luthien Astral Cartographer

-scoots in- I LOVE YOUR WORK! Goodness look at all this art, you have such a charming style! We should trade sometime if you ever feel up to it!

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

So... There's this "Sketch Tuesday" event thing that I don't know much about, but what I do know is that this week's event is "things you find in a pond". So of course I had to feature a Hylotl and a Frog character, but I forgot how much I loved drawing grass and natural scenes...
    IMG_20160818_135240.jpg

Arra, MitKit, Jareix Cryvix and 7 others like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch81194916.png Sketch9203536.png
    Halo Cryoxide and her siblings.

Sketch140223524.png
    Syd Kilgore.

Sketch16222359.png Sketch265212840.png Sketch265223357.png
    Cuda, in armor and in a Pokémon trainer's outfit.

Sketch3130342.png
    Karas.

Sketch14134042.png
    Jan Stray's mother, Sybil. Syd's sister.

Sketch313143119.png
    Fern!

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That didn't work.

611 likes this.
  10. Essalure Lenara

Essalure Lenara Orbital Explorer

Your art style is so cute! :nuruflirt: Very jealous of your ability to do lots of smaller pieces and sketches :rofl: (I can't draw too well, and also when I do draw something I usually make it waaay too complicated so it takes a long time).

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

To be honest, my last post consisted of a few months' worth of work. But thank you very much! I have been drawing for several years, so I pretty much only draw like this because I really like to. :p Practice and passion make progress.

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I finally started playing the official release again, so here you go: three different versions of my chosen character, Canary MacLinson. She's nothing like her name, really. A mechanical-engineer-turned-spaceship-captain, more like. Worst part of it? Her plans keep getting interrupted by sudden death.

I'm not very good at playing Starbound.
    Sketch16503417.png Sketch16504951.png Sketch1651816.png

13. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Well it's being for a while, when i was checked all that recent art. :3

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I haven't drawn much Starbound art lately. (I've been busy working on Sinisterra.) Heeeey, anybody have ideas?

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, Sinisterra is finally launched, so there's that, but meanwhile, how's about some revisiting of old favorites? Everybody loves Sucrose, right? How about adult Sucrose?

Sketch5412019.png

rhomboid, Rex Blackbeak, 611 and 7 others like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It's been HOW many months?!

Anyways, here's Cuda. Actually, screw that. I'm Cuda now.
    ee55331a-809b-4dd4-9b91-0d4758b53532.png

17. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

You Cuda posted that earlier . Ok , I'll stop. xD

That floran looks sharp and cool.

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Funny, I was just wondering where you'd been about. Looks very nice--I'm not certain who it is (you've a right army of Starbound characters), but they do look rather dashing. Keep up the good arts!

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'll be back, don't worry. Soon.
    I've been. Occupied. It takes some months to recover from a drop from a ship that's already taking off.
    The Penguin Games are returning. So is the Penguin Syndicate. I'd advise you check it out.

20. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

(And eventually the rise of the ever so elusive and rare Penguin Arena...just as soon as we get our designer to give us a lucid idea that won't kill the community in 24 hours...)

Alkanthe likes this.