Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

That's lovely! Thank you very much :DD

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    This is Gabriela Coelho. Convinced that the monster who destroyed Earth will eventually destroy all other life, she's attempting to save all the creatures she can in her ship, the Arca. For this reason, most of the sentient races think she's crazy, which is probably true. Though the Arca is small, she's doing her best with what she has. She's not much of a fighter, but she's trained a couple of her animals to protect her when she's out looking for new ones.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  3. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Okay, now I understand wich Ark you meant. I thought she built the giant ancient ruins :rofl:

Alkanthe and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh, you did? :p That explains why you thought she was so overpowered! I should probably change the name of her ship, actually...

5. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Yeah... That's a bit confusing... >_>

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yup... "Ark" is probably just the nickname she has for it, it probably has a different name

7. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

How does this ship looks? Im good at names (I hope)

8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, it's a Human ship, with the default style as a base but with different modifications so that it has different uh... placement of things?

9. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

How about Wherry? (If yopu want a SHIP name)
    Or Shelter... For the creatures.

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Or she could call it Arca... the Portuguese word for Ark (yes, I'm lazy :p)

11. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Will work for me =)

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150818_155258.jpg
    So... After Newell and his crew were locked up, they got broken out by the lady on the left. Cablehook may be romantically interested in Newell...
    IMG_20150818_155323.jpg
    ...which makes this lady very, very angry. She thought he loved her, but now she thinks that may all have been a lie. Wouldn't it be just like him, though? Only logical for a liar to lie, a thief to steal.
    IMG_20150819_122336.jpg
    Lyn Ingensson is not happy either, but for different reasons. She's seriously considering leaving the whole thing, after having seen her brother again and talked to him. But she knows such an action would not be allowed, not here. So she stays...

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150823_141818.jpg
    Remember this guy? Well, the drawing from earlier was a younger version of him. I've finally placed his age at about 50. So, have an updated Henry Stark.
    IMG_20150823_144807.jpg
    Oh, and Ritah. She's like 30 now, and has assumed the role of Calamacy Ann. I wonder how long her lifespan will be...
    IMG_20150823_144828.jpg
    And, of course, a slightly different version of the Calamacy Ann logo, which is on both Henry's jacket and Ritah's vest.

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Akukho and Enzeni
    IMG_20150826_170139.jpg
    Oh look, new characters! These two are an inseparable pair of Florans who practically need each other to survive. The one on the left - "her" legs are unusable. The one on the right is blind.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    rhomboid, Tatterdemalion and DrVoodoo like this.
  15. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

Depending on if the floran depicted are specifically male and female, I like the names Aster and Hazel
    If they are both female, Aster and Stema.
    Although seeing as how they're both plant people who could be either, both, or no sex at all, maybe it doesn't matter. :p
    Are these two related? How did they come to be in the situation they're in (or is that too sensitive of a subject)? How did they meet (if they aren't related)?
    I'm invested in knowing now.

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

All very good questions! The thing is, these are new characters. As in, very new. I haven't really thought about any of these questions yet, but I sure will as I develop them!
    They aren't "specifically" either sex, though the one on the left is more typically feminine and the other is more typically masculine. :p

Lonewolf239 likes this.
  17. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

How about Akukho and Enzeni? I think those names fit traditional Floran nomenclature fairly well.

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I really like Enzeni for the one on the right. Not completely sure about Akukho though...

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150827_140451.jpg IMG_20150827_140534.jpg
    So these are human versions of Sucrose and Atali. Suzy is... an adventurer. Like Sucrose, she tends to be happy, carefree... but unlike Sucrose, she can remember her past. Natalie is a former USCM soldier - the kind of person who'd give anything to defend her friends and family. She's also pretty distrusting of people she doesn't know, unless someone she trusts also trusts them. Heh. But still... she's a defender.

rhomboid and Tatterdemalion like this.
  20. Reelru

Reelru Void-Bound Voyager

Are you taking requests? If so, I'd love to see a rendition of my rat people.