Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I trust glitches, but not florans, this one make me confused

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I love Glitch and Florans... so this one is perfect.

Also female... heh.

rhomboid likes this.
  3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

SHE IS FEMALE!? Kluex what is wrong with me, i can't tell the difference between the genders D:

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

WELL SHE'S WEARING A SKIRT

5. Nibolas O Anelbozas

warriors use skirts too!

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Uh oh... lots of images coming! Are you prepared??
    [​IMG]
    Ah yes, the very controversial Rose Maywing. She's basically an Avian girl raised by Florans... oh, and she definitely has their ssstabby tendencies. Though her anger is also manifested in less direct ways...

IMG_20150506_131332.jpg
    Oh look, I can do this now! So helpful... Anyways, these are a couple of old sketches I did of creatures on my brother's starting planet. (That Avian is adorable and you cannot tell me otherwise.)

[​IMG]
    Oh look, Ritah has a new hairstyle! Not much to say about this one...

[​IMG]
    Karia Corwinn is a new character! Sort of. But it's kinda complicated to explain, so I'll just explain her.
    She's an illegal space-ship racer who's constantly traveling all over. She really wants a co-pilot, but hasn't found one yet... especially not one she can tell everything to. For now, she just talks to her ship... yeah.

[​IMG]
    Logos for Karia's racing ship, Pink Lightning, and for Calamacy Ann's fleet. Ann's ship is called the Beacon.

[​IMG]

Do any of you remember the Cards Crew? Well, I'm working on a journal from Kade's point of view, starting right after Varc's left off and continuing to... I don't know when, actually. Can you believe it's been nearly a year since then? What has Kade been doing all that time? (I think Kade and Levine would make a good team, incidentally.)[DOUBLEPOST=1430937719][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]
    And the rest of the Cards Crew!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Arra, sansy, Warget and 8 others like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Edit: Put all the images under a spoiler because who needs to scroll through all these and wait for them to load every time she posts something new? Not me.

(IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN SEND HELP)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Negaverse characters: for when you wonder how your character would be with a different alignment.
    - Nega Rose was raised by Hylotl, not Floran, and therefore she is very peaceful as opposed to sssstabby.
    - Nega Sucrose is... well, Sucrose herself is a fun-loving, pleasure-seeking kind, but more innocent, and she's truly sympathetic to others. Nega Sucrose, instead, is sadistic and abusive... she still seems to show sympathy, but is it genuine?
    - Nega Strawberry, instead of having been captured by the Floran worker when she and Thorntip were trying to escape ( https://www.evernote.com/shard/s447...86405a48bede/de0006467c06bf0e09893cbe9eb1ebb5 ) , convinced the worker to escape with them. So, the three Florans formed an adventuring team and began to explore among the stars...
    - Nega Varc is not warlike at all. Granted, she will fight to protect her loved ones, but it's never a first resort. She's more like a mother to Nega Gedath... who happens to be in love with her. Unfortunately, she sees him as a son...
    - Nega Gedath is headstrong and emotional as opposed to logical. He's also younger.
    - Nega Ansis is a bad guy. Not much else is known so far.
    - Nega Karia is a completely-on-the-level cargo hauler who gets caught up in a mission to rescue a Hylotl princess.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lavender Kelly and Rose Barrett are the leaders of an interstellar security agency... not much is known about them yet. Lavender is very serious, although she does enjoy thrill rides. Rose is warm, kind, and motherly.
    Lily is also a member of their group...

[​IMG]
    Cablehook was the overseer of the Floran shipbuilding project that Thorntip and Strawberry stumbled upon. She's a major bad guy... and now, most likely the leader of a (Floran?) army...
    Rotor Clipspin is antisocial. But she is very capable, and could make a good leader if she'd only learn to work with people.

[​IMG]
    Giovanni Nerra is a popular news reporter. He's also a former soldier, which makes him more useful in a crisis... if, you know, that ever happens. His cameraman is an Apex scientist named Luie Markov, who also runs a self-published video series on chemistry.

[​IMG]
    Mercy Gavanni was Karia's girlfriend... before, you know, the Earth was overrun by that tentacle monster. Unfortunately, she did not survive.

[​IMG]
    This Glitch, known as Chip, used to work for a bounty hunter group known as Oberon and Titania... until it was discovered that she was using her free time to hack into secure sites. Lanaq, the captain of the ship known as Oberon, quickly dismissed her. Now she's looking for a new benefactor to support her... and, if necessary, take the fall for her.

[​IMG]
    Pip is a young constructed Glitch who dreams of becoming a wizard. She and her mother, Cam Boltwrench, were taken in by... none other than Ansis Juncter himself. Yes, that young courier Glitch who warned Varc's settlement of an imminent attack. ( Varc's Backstory: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s447...95569c770ebe/ac1ec462aacd53a3d8fae88b5e8cc26f ) He's still alive and functioning.

[​IMG]
    I NEED TO POST ALL THE BACKSTORIES OTHERWISE YOU GUYS WON'T KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS.
    ( Well, here's the one relevant to him anyway. https://www.evernote.com/shard/s447...6546499511ad/643c44f7beddc0109bd86047c2b49e01 )

[​IMG]
    Ahem... uh.. Stormbringer Atali here had quite an interesting relationship with Sucrose... oh yeah. Suci was raised mostly by Avians. I'm not sure where her parents were... but Suci and Atali were good friends. (She doesn't remember a lot of Avian traditions... due to a, um, incident that happened.)

[​IMG]
    Mitchell Baurann was a good friend of Kade Ingensson, when they were in the army. Now, Mitchell works for Calamacy Ann, and he works well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Practice drawing Apex...

...yeah, that's all for now. Phew.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  8. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

This was here for four months?..

I need to check my favorite artists more often.

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

*u* so meny updates all in one post
    you gotta make separate posts so i can give moar likes

DrVoodoo likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

...I tried that one time... I just don't wanna wait too long and forget (again) to post stuff.... sorry

rhomboid likes this.
  11. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Ooh, it's all so pretty! #.#

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh man, thanks! Means a lot coming from you...

senpai...

Kaiachi and rhomboid like this.
  13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    I'm back! This time (as @rhomboid suggested) with fewer images per post!

Varni Gunn works for a mercenary crew known as Oberon and Titania. (Other members include an Avian named Lanaq, a human named Pieter Krasnov, and a Hylotl brother and sister, Zachary and Sandra Shayu.) This isn't her original outfit, I just wanted to draw a more traditional western outfit for once. Varni is independent, strong, and totally doesn't need a man but she really likes Pieter. Especially after he gave her that modified pistol for her birthday.

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sucrose Alkane
    [​IMG]
    I had fun with colored pens that day. This was a drawing I drew as a cover image for my new notebook (I finally filled up my other one).

Sucrose Alkane, daughter of Reba and Dioxy Alkane, ended up being raised mainly by an Avian family... because, well. Reba died from an illness, and Dioxy ran away afterward...
    So the parents of a certain young Avian named Atali took Sucrose in. Atali and Suci were best friends and almost always together, even when Suci started wanting to venture out to other worlds. However, they eventually had a falling out and went their separate ways...
    Now, Suci prefers not to remember her past, especially with Atali. She's constantly on the move, catching rides on cargo ships from one outpost to another, hoping to find some other Novakid somewhere. And maybe, just maybe, to find Dioxy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Arra, Warget, rhomboid and 3 others like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Oh look, it's my newest main character! Her name, for those who don't know, is Misha Lobonski. She's an Apex biologist who's currently working with raising crops in harsh environments, along with a colleague, another Apex who doesn't seem to talk...
    She lives and works in an isolated outpost on a barren planet, though lately, she's been connecting to the outside world a lot more than before. She has a sort of authority, and possibly a military bearing, and tends to assume command even when someone else is actually in comnand.

Arra, Warget, PinkieCube and 3 others like this.
  17. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Not real special drawing... :zzz:

But I think it look nice. :3

Anyway they are default drawings - no drawings with special effects. :)

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    A slightly redesigned version of the Apex-Glitch hybrid, GL-014. "Logician" just doesn't seem to suit him as well anymore... I've been calling him "Renegade" instead. I think, from the new nickname and the drawing, you can probably tell what he's like.

Arra, Warget, DrVoodoo and 1 other person like this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    These two Novakid are based off my cats, who are twin brothers. (There are two other brothers too: Don and Han, but they're someplace else.) Sam is the leader and the macho one, more likely to shoot than run. Pol is more cautious, usually the talker (because Sam can't be bothered), they're both sneaky but Pol is moreso.

Arra, Warget and DrVoodoo like this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    This dark-skinned lady used to be a human AU concept, but once her counterpart got... ahem... relocated... I decided that she could become a character in her own right.
    So, this is Kahri Antares, the resident archery master. Except that she doesn't actually reside with any group yet. I should fix that...

Killa CookBook, Arra, Warget and 3 others like this.