1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED BYOS 1.3

Build Your Own Ship

1. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

afaik, build next to them instead of above them. the bottom row SHOULD be buildable.
    but your solution works too i guess ;)

2. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't suppose you'd be interested in merging this mod with BYOS?

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/hull-plating-blocks-more.2998/

I was about to install it because I thought that it would synergize well, though because it changes some of the same resources I'm concerned it may conflict with it. The Hull Plating Blocks & More mod is abandoned, though the author has said that others are welcome to modify or continue the mod.

3. Amber Talamasca

I'll look into it. Not promising anything yet until I know more about it, but i will check the possibilities

4. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, thanks. At first glance it doesn't have any serious conflicts (doesn't cause starbound to crash, none of the BYOS items seem affected). On the other hand, none of its own items are craftable because it was made before the Starbound 1.0 release, before the new crafting tables were added.

5. Amber Talamasca

Ok, i've taken a look at the hullplating mod. I am going to try to update it to 1.0, but it looks to be a lot of work, so i'll need some time on it.
    Also, it will break compatibility with vanilla starbound, so it will NOT be part of BYOS if/when I succeed, but a mod on its own, which can of course be installed next to BYOS and used for BYOS.

6. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

need help! So what i did : took the quest (with spiked sphere) , cleaned my ship from everything ( even ship walls it had originally), finished the quest,saw upgrading ship animation.Went to my ship - nothing happened.Thought it's because there are fluffalos , chickens and mooshi.Killed them with lava.Restarted - nothing again. Reinstalled mod and did same - still nothing.btw i have tier 8 novakid ship .

7. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

Is it cuz i destroyed the ship walls mby?

8. Amber Talamasca

No, that should all be replaced. Do you still have the logfile in question? Are you running 1.3 (check from the start screen, then the gear icon in the bottom right corner).
    Did anything change at all? If so, try to rename your shipworld file to .backup, and start the game again. It should now load a proper ship
    Do you have any other ship mods installed?

9. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

Yes, i'm running 1.3 . No, nothing changed, i have the same ship. I don't have any other mods installed.What's a logfile in question? I'm newbie in the "mod things" tho. What's the shipworld file ? I can give u the log.I started a second character to try again so it's in the log too

Attached Files:

10. Amber Talamasca

the logfile can be found in starbound\storage and is called starbound.log , starbound.log.1, starbound.log.2. etc. You can go to the starbound folder through steam, by rightclicking starbound in your library listing, properties, local files, browse local files.
    The one without a number is always the most recent session, there is a logfile per session of running the game.

Are you playing on a server perhaps? if so try again in single player (or make sure the server has the mod and is restarted since)

11. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

Attached Files:

12. Amber Talamasca

You get the quest, so the installation was ok. If it was installed wrong, the quest wouldn't be there in the first place. I see a lot of errors on other mods i think though, unable place items and such, that are unrelated to my mod. What other mods do you run?

Could you try the following?
    Start a new character, talk with sail, and then type:

/admin
    /spawnnpc human outpostundersideman
    /spawnitem dubloon

do the quest, complete it and see what happens.
    if it fails, please attach the latest starbound.log

It might make it easier (or rather, faster) if we do this in steam chat? pm me your id and i'll contact you if you prefer that option.

13. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

I run no other mods.When i made a new character and spawned him he didn't have any quest for me. I don't use steam tho, i bought the game from gog.com . It may be because of that though.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  14. Amber Talamasca

if he didnt have quests then the mod might indeed be wrongly installed.
    if you open the byos folder in mods, is there another byos inside of it? If so, remove the one byos folder, and make sure that .modinfo and the rest of the files are in mods/byos, not mods/byos/byos.

15. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

No , there is only one byos folder. I still have steam account tho , id: Rexxarino

16. Cabaras

Cabaras Big Damn Hero

The problem's fixed.

17. ElementalCyclone

ElementalCyclone Void-Bound Voyager

Okay . . . mine is a little bit weird, fully functional, but not much as expected. My entire ship is replaced, all parts except the innate race ship locker (my character race is human). the things is, i can remove and replace the S.A.I.L and even the whole things (except the pet) but not the innate ship locker and i just realize this after few hours of playing with BYOS installed. So, did i missed something ? should i includes logs or something ?
    Thank you for your help folks.

Edit 1: Until now, BYOS is currently the only Mod on my Starbound and i'm running on 1.0.5 x64

18. Amber Talamasca

thats a known issue if you installed byos after starting the character. the fix is to first empty out the ship, then rename the .shipworld file of the corresponding character

upon starting the character, it will rebuild your ship

after that everything is removable.

this is unfortunatly not fixable without these steps, as the residual status on the locker is not removable.

19. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it possible for you to add a .shipworld file thats already readily editable without following the quest? So its easier for existing characters to get a customiseable ship. And more multiplayer compatible and all.

20. Amber Talamasca

its already multiplayer compatible. you just need to activate it in singleplayer. And the little testing I've done had some issues. That was before I rewrote the entire system i used though, i will do some new tests.