Modding Help BYOS quest not showing up

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by HowToEatGirafes/Etaris, May 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HowToEatGirafes/Etaris

HowToEatGirafes/Etaris Void-Bound Voyager

Hello i installed the BYOS mod but the quest giver (outpostundersideman) doesn't have an excalamation mark above his head and only tells me the "you shouldn't be here" lines when i interact with him. I am at the Hylotl Mission so i don't think the story is a problem.

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Are you using a modded race? I think that BYOS only works on the vanilla races, you may need a secondary mod to make it work with the modded race.

Second question; are you using Frackin' Universe? Frackin' Universe has a version of BYOS built into it, if I remember correctly. Installing BYOS and Frackin' Universe at the same time could be canceling each other out.

3. HowToEatGirafes/Etaris

I tried a mod that enables compatibility but the race isn't supported, is there a way to still do it ? Maybe changing my character, accepting the quest and coming back to the old one ?

4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

5. HowToEatGirafes/Etaris

Ok so since i installed the mod from the workshop and it's not Frackin' Universe, i unpacked it, changed all the files in the unpacked folder, and even like that it didn't work, so i tried with a Floran and the quest wasn't showing up either, so now i'm contacting the guy who made the compatibility mod to see if he can make it work, but just in case, is there a way to change the race of your character ?

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Nope, there is no way. I have tried something as simple as manually changing the character's name and ended in the game crashing (I set the name back to normal and the damage was fixed.) Many have tried to make manual edits and all have failed.

7. HowToEatGirafes/Etaris

Ah too bad, well i guess i'll accomplish my dreams by building a station then ! But thanks a lot for the help man !