RELEASED Bye Bye Clint, Hello Clarice 2.1.1

A complete overhaul of Clint, replacing him with a completely different person!

1. aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

aeki submitted a new mod:

Bye Bye Clint, Hello Clarice - Changes Clint to Clarice, a black lesbian!

Read more about this mod...

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Clarice is GORGEOUS. I love her headband/sweatband. If I wasn't using so many anime-style portrait mods, I'd add this to my game in a heartbeat.

It's always been my dream for Stardew Valley to be a whole town of nothing but lesbians.

aeki likes this.
      • aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

aeki updated Bye Bye Clint, Hello Clarice with a new update entry:

Emily's 8-heart event change! + Sprite bug

Read the rest of this update entry...

DreamerDrop and Karmylla like this.
        • aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you!!
          if you want, i could make another set of portraits for clarice that makes her look more anime-like?
          if that sounds good to you, send me a few examples of an anime style that u would like her to be in!!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh gosh, you're making it harder for me to deny thisssssss, I love Clarice, but I also like Clint :(
            Ah, I don't care, I'm up on the Clarice train, she's the cutestX3
            I'm looking forward to this!!!! If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
              cankersaur, DreamerDrop and aeki like this.
            • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I use a combination of different portrait mods, hah. As long as it's anime-esque then it's close enough, but mixing the vanilla style with it looks a tad strange. (I did use vanilla style portraits for a while because of how much I adored the diversity mods. Black Emily was one of the cutest things I'd ever seen with her hair textures and all.)

I use this one for most of the girls in game, and this one because I'm gay and can't bring myself to romance boys at all, but I really like their characters, so I wanted to do their routes just. Not with guys. I use this one for most of the other villagers, including Clint.

So I have a bunch of conflicting and different portrait styles, but like I said, as long as it's anime-esque then it feels somewhat consistent.

In any case! I really like Clarice, especially her sweatband being low-key in the colours of the lesbian pride flag. That is a beautiful touch.

• Bon3z

Bon3z Aquatic Astronaut

I'm happy to see another woman of color in game but... the art feels a bit off for me.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Wait.... Clint's not a black lesbian?

I need to recheck my files....

• aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the art will be improving!
                    when i first made the portraits i was mostly seeing if the could actually do the mod, so it was rushed!
                    however, i will be updating the portraits and sprites in either the upcoming update or the update after that!!
                    i will also be making an anime version for those who use anime portraits!

Karmylla likes this.
                    • aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT: i made a strawpoll on which part of the mod i should work on first! here it is!

here's an update to clarice's progress!
                      i recently got a job so i've been sorta been focused on it more than clarice, but im going to try and spend my days off on working on her!
                      however....

[​IMG]

i made the code for clarice’s dialogue whenever you come up and talk to her.
                      she will say something new every single day/season/heart level/year (only for year 1 and 2)!!
                      i havent made the code for her events,questions ,intro ,mail ,or if you decide to date emily/have her date emily/if neither of you decide to date emily/or for the jojamart route or community center route
                      i’ve gotten some dialogue done for her but it’s mostly for events and her intro

for comparison, here’s clint’s dialogue length+lines from the vanilla game

[​IMG]

and here’s emily’s dialogue length+lines from the vanilla game

[​IMG]

this is going to take....a while.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
                        cankersaur and Karmylla like this.
                      • The_Glimmerling

The_Glimmerling Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for this. <3 I was never a big Clint fan. He was creepy and rude. I'm SO ON BOARD with a lesbian blacksmith, though! :D

cankersaur and aeki like this.
                        • aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

aeki updated Bye Bye Clint, Hello Clarice with a new update entry:

It's been fifty years...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• aeki

aeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Imjusthereforthemods

Imjusthereforthemods Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I LOVE Clarice already! I feel a little bad for kicking Clint out, but Clarice is just too good to pass up ♥

I kind of agree with DreamerDrop, the artstyle does clash with the portrait mods I'm using. But honestly it's such a minor detail that it doesn't bother me! I'm sure if more people find out about it we could get more artists and styles of portraits~

Just wondering, is this mod compatible with Looking for Love or any other NPC romance mods?

• Kourah

Kourah Master Chief

I want to give it a try but portraits that clash so much with the rest tick my OCD, I hope there's a portrait rehaul soon!

sensitivelilies likes this.
                              • Mckreama

Mckreama Space Hobo

Is it just my browser is broken or you just accidentally posted a stardew mod to starbound mod forums