Butchering?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by axeld, Dec 27, 2015.

1. axeld

axeld Starship Captain

Hey guys, i have a question, was butchering removed? i mean, link me to the CA post :D

• Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

Butchering is removed yes, it's not in a post but it's in the Q and A stream, you can find a link to it under the "Q and A" thread in the forums (the new one, not the old). Even though it's out of the game now, he might let you enable it with a code or somthing, I think. It's only self butchering that's removed, you will still be able to send your animals to a butcher. (You send your animal away, and recieve items, I look at this as a butcher, I might be wrong)

Edit:
      Here is a link to Leth's twitch channel, where the Q and A took place!
      http://www.twitch.tv/leth

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
        axeld and ohilin like this.
      • Terrax7

Terrax7 Big Damn Hero

How will I get my really really fresh bacon now? 2/10 bacon not fresh enough. (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

bacon is overrated

• Teien

We would probably have ruined the bacon ourselves, the butcher will help us achieve perfect bacon, 10/10.
            I'm actually really happy he removed butchering, being forced to kill your animals is kinda harsh, I'm wierd like that. We might still be able to do it though, wich is nice for those who really wants to play with their butcher-knife.
            Either way, its out of the game, so please don't turn this thread into somthing negative, I understand that some of you might dislike the fact that it's out of the game now, but it is what it is.

MaddisonGamer6 likes this.
            • gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No one is really angry, just disscusin'. Would personally have preferred it to be in the game but as it seems it will be pretty easy to add in yourself.

• Teien

I know no one is angry now, I just don't want to experience the mines thing all over again :X
                If he does leave it in with a cheat code or somthing, it might be easily modded in aswell? or just turned on :pfff:

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

I ended up making it late to the stream but DID also re-watch it from the beginning. I didn't hear them mention sending it to a butcher, I thought it was straight up removed. The only way you could simulate the butcher was to sell the animal and pretend you had it butchered. Am I wrong? I don't really feel like watching the whole thing again, haha. Thanks in advance.

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nah the caves incident was (luckily?) only one very vocal person that was long overdue anyways. I'm happy how it turns out in any way and as MR. V says, we can pretend it if isn't implemented.

• Teien

Wasn't that the butcher part? You so send the animal away, and recieve the things you would recieve if you had butchered them yourself. You are basically sending them to a butcher aren't you? I might be totally rwong though. That's just what I understood from what CA said, I should have made that clearer in my post, I'll edit it again.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I remember he saying that you sell you animals. I don't know where people got the part that you would receive the same items as if you had butchered it.

• Mr. V

Mr. V Big Damn Hero

I did just watch the stream again and found the part I was looking for. CA just says we can make up the story of what happened to it. So just pretending.

• destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

He said in stream that "butchery" is still in the games code and can be turned on. Leth joked about making it a cheat code or something but if the modding community kicks up for this game it might be able to be activated for those who want it. I myself don't really want it but for those that do at least there is that option.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

From the looks of it, I recall him mentioning settings was in an ini file or something similar, so it'd be very easy to turn on if it was a on/off thing.

• destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

Most likely commented out. In most ini or XML scripts if you put "#" or ";" in front of something it renders it null

• sirithre

sirithre Pangalactic Porcupine

Currently you can only sell your animals. For cash. Nothing else.
                                  I'm kind of okay with that.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Is there a way to obtain meat and do cooking recipes with it or since butchering was completely removed, all thing that would come of it were also removed?

• Teien

Oh, thanks for telling us that! I was not aware of that :) I'm ok with that aswell!

• Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

+1 I'd also like to know how it works. I mean i don't remember cooking ever being discussed in detail but it's still a feature right, and if it is how exactly do you get meat for it, do you buy it?

• KKGB

KKGB Space Penguin Leader

i assume recipes that involve meat (that arent fish) will simply be removed