1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bunnykin Race 3.1.2

Adds the Bunnykin race to Starbound

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

True truue

2. DrPvtSkittles

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. DrPvtSkittles

4. DrPvtSkittles

5. Sashiku

Sashiku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks so much for keeping this up to date. :) You work so hard on it and we're super grateful! <3

6. DrPvtSkittles

You're most certainly welcome. Thank you for your support. It brightens up my day and gives me the energy to keep on adding new things.

Ravoz and Roskii Heiral like this.
  7. Ravoz

Ravoz Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I'm having a little bit of trouble, can I spawn a Bunnykin Cook without using the Spawner, but only Colony deed?

8. DrPvtSkittles

I'll be honest, I don't fully understand tenants and what not and haven't fully tested it yet. It's a Work In Progress. Sorry :L

9. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

you'll want to make a villager_random.tenant.patch and villager_bunnykin.tenant These files are in the tenant folder. They can draw from your already premade npc files!

Best of luck!

10. Ravoz

Ravoz Void-Bound Voyager

Ah sure, not problem! Just curious!

11. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

So... I've come to the conclusion that Bunnykin do not jump as high as every other race it'd seem. They seem to jump between 2-3 blocks lower than others. Is this intended or a bug?

12. Roskii Heiral

How did you reach this conclusion?

13. LegendXCarisso

Tested them with vanilla races using platforms. Oddly enough, every vanilla race can reach and stand on the platform above in one single jump, Bunnykin cannot.

14. Roskii Heiral

changing a race's jumping ability would require alot of tinkering in things that normal race mods don't touch. Sadly, I don't have the mod installed at the moment, or I'd check for you. I just very seriously doubt the mod author would decrease the jumping ability intentionally.

15. LegendXCarisso

Which is why I was reporting it in the first place. In coding, things can happen. If we don't report them, they can't be fixed. :S I'll have to get a video for comparison at some point when I can get around to it.

16. DrPvtSkittles

Hmmm I don't know where jumping is defined. I know I've not made any effort to introduce racial abilities. I've left that to Fracken Races n such to play around with.

17. Roskii Heiral

Frackin races could very easily do this. I was playing around with it one day for the Callistans, but decided it wasn't really a good addition to the race. I really like the idea of all the races being equal except for aesthetics.

18. LegendXCarisso

While I do use FU, I don't use Frackin Races... which perplexes me. I'll just have to get around to getting that video up when I can.

19. Roskii Heiral

Unfortunately, I don't know that a video would help. Unless you're asking that he change the race to make them jump higher, there's not alot he can do at this point. As mentioned, it could be another mod causing the issue, but even with a list of all your installed mods it would be tough to pinpoint which one.

Do other custom races have this issue for you or do you only have bunnykin?

20. LegendXCarisso

Just the Bunnykin. I even attempted running the Bunnykin mod by itself... still has the issues.

EDIT: Hmmm... I wonder if I'm not just a complete idiot here. Curious. Does the "Felin" mod have any edited jump heights? Seems odd now that in my test bed, all vanilla races and Bunnykin jump at the same height NOW.. but when I add the Felin in, some weird stuff starts happening where they jump normal but bunnykin get nerfed into the ground? Perhaps that's the problem mod... -shrugs-

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017