RELEASED Bulbaswat's Pokemon Pet Mods (And Others)

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by bulbaswat, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
?

Quality or Quantity?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2016.
  1. Quality

29 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Quantity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just got some time to look at that, and it seems those sounds need to be paid for to get them. I cannot do that. If you can find me some others that are free, then I can do it, but for now I think I'll get some spriting practice.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

oh crap, i'm sorry! i had no idea fuuuuu.

duh! i'll record my pug. gd, jeezx. ;lkejf;laektjm;lwkjtg;

No rush, I haven't been playing much, and I haven't got time to do what i want and school and play. I'm sure you have similar constructs and I don't blame you.

You do you, playa.

• bulbaswat

Just get back to me when you've had time to record the sounds and I'll put it together for you. I'm already glad you asked me to do this, because it motivated me to start identifying some of the sound files, and I made some good progress! My friend has some pugs as well, they do make some adorable sounds :)

Edit: Just added another side project I did. This one is to replace some of the wallpapers and floors with ones to match the little addition that your spouse adds to your house when you get married. More information on the OP.

Another Edit: Updated the spouse wallpapers and floors. It should now have them all. If there is a problem, let me know. If you want a custom version because that one just absolutely will not work, I might consider it. Just be sure to tell me what you want it to have, and what specifically you want replaced.

Yet Another Edit: I added 11 alternate versions to the spouse walls and floors. There is one for each spouse to change the default floor and wall into the one that matches theirs, with Haley having an alt with the tree wallpaper that already matches her wall as the base. Other than the default floor and wall being changed, these versions don't have much else changed in them, except for a few where I swapped the default with one that was similar to the one I replaced it with. According to the testing that we did, this should mean you can eliminate that ugly floor strip that normally can't be changed, making it match up with the flooring of the spouse's room instead. If I messed up with any of them, let me know.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
          taintedwheat likes this.
        • swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

i added the add of ur thread in my thread too.^___^

bulbaswat likes this.
          • bulbaswat

Sorry I haven't been on for the past I think 5 days. On Monday my computer overheated and crashed. After that, everything except Steam stopped working properly. I'm getting it checked out now, but it's looking like hard-drive failure. I have my stuff backed up, including my modding stuff, but that was the only computer I had with the programs I use. The only other one I could use is my brother's, and I don't think it has enough space for what I need. So for the moment, I'm forced into a sort of hiatus. Will post if I get things going again.

Also, never try to type out a paragraph on a wii u gamepad. It really makes your hands hurt.

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

oh...hope everything will become alright soon (since i had the same experience as u around a month ago)

bulbaswat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

awww blubacutie, i'm sorry D:
                hopefully this doesn't set you back too much
                goin to geeksquad?

bulbaswat likes this.
                • bulbaswat

Yep. At first I was worried about them deleting something important (last time I went to them, they wrecked my terraria modding stuff, as well as tapi), but now that I know it's likely hard-drive failure, that's the least of my worries.

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so sorry about your hard drive. Glad you have a backup! :( Best of luck getting everything sorted out and working again!

bulbaswat likes this.
                    • bulbaswat

Just thought I'd give an update. It was confirmed to be hard drive failure after they screwed up once and I had to tell them what the problem was again (they got my problem completely reversed from what I told them). They sent it off to be fixed up and have that replaced, which is luckily covered by the warranty. It is now being shipped back last I heard, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to modding soon. I just hope nothing else got messed up in the process (I have no faith in best buy/geek squad at this point...).

Zatavey, XaviiKinz and taintedwheat like this.
                      • taintedwheat

ack, dewd, they're like almost never on point. i don't think i've ever had anything dealt by them go smoothly the first time/getting it by first initial estimated date. for people who use computers they don't seem to get logistics or do bookkeeping all that well.

bulbaswat likes this.
                        • bulbaswat

UPS brought my computer today. Will likely spend the rest of the day setting up and transferring files. Hope I can get everything in working order again.

mvhnexus likes this.
                          • bulbaswat

Added an important update to the op. Don't worry, I'll be back, and in the meantime, I'll be watching.

• taintedwheat

Dude... I read your update.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here. Feel free to message me. I deal with major depression /bipolar 2. I am advocate for the improvement and destigmatization of mental illnesses.

bulbaswat and Rosalie like this.
                              • CrimsonY

CrimsonY Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excuse me, do you know where to find the normal Shinx version, I had it at some point but I lost the file and now I can't find it anywhere, sorry if it's a bother. >_>

Edit: Phew I found it again after some rest, I must have been too tired yesterday, sorry for the bother, here is a link it's in the second post, my bad =|

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/please-please-please-a-shinx-reskin-for-cat-pets.112086/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
                                • bulbaswat

Don't worry, I see a psychiatrist already actually. It's just while my computer broke down, I was testing a new medicine for my depression. I cried a ton and had a breakdown, but my family and friends got me through it and now I'm back on the previous one which we know works (we tried the different one for weight loss). I'm feeling a lot better lately, and I've started calorie counting to try and lose weight. Wish me luck. Don't worry, I'll still be modding here, just not as often. I'm going to wait for cool ideas now instead of rushing myself project through project, and of course I'll also take any requests I like :).

taintedwheat likes this.
                                  • taintedwheat

Well that's good. I cry, a lot. lolol.

I'm glad for you. Shit happens, I'm fat, I should do the same.

I can't keep up with pokemon as much anymore. I haven't had a nintendo product in a minute.

But, the last time was when I played with Lilipup and Herdier. Those are cute, could you make that?

• bulbaswat

That's actually an area I can't really cover very well. I'm not ready to make my own sprites for it from scratch, and the 2D mystery dungeon games don't have them I don't think. If I can find some sprites that I'm allowed to use I'll definitely do it though I think, because I love dogs.

• Tuskor

Tuskor Void-Bound Voyager

I might use Houdour, but what in really surprised is that there is no Growlithe.

• bulbaswat

That's because someone else already made a growlithe. Just check the list I linked to in my OP. It's in the second "paragraph."